EHS Advisor-Process Safety/High Risk Work
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Aug 3 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to the manage the successful deployment of a full range of Environment Health and Safey services across the region and business units in a technically robust way? If so, this is the role for you.
As Environment Health and Safety Professional you will be responsible for ensuring R&D is in compliance with the GSK Environment Health and Safety standards and local legislations.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- To ensure high risk work activities to the business are effectively identified and managed by the provision of industry leading technical innovation and support.
- To ensure the interests of the business are represented and protected, both within and external to GSK.
- To maintain comprehensive external and cross business awareness and lead and participate in significant cross company initiatives.
- Accountable for alerting management to legislative development in the areas Health, Safety and Industrial Hygiene which could impact operations
- Champion the discipline of Process Safety for the US Pharma R&D sites by ensuring senior management understanding, commitment and accountability
- Ensure that the Process Safety and High-Risk Work programs deliver value to the business via increased workplace safety, reduced environmental impact and increased regulatory compliance.
- Accountable for ensuring full Process Safety and High-Risk Work regulatory compliance.
- Represent the interests of GSK in key external policy forums.
- Champion the interests of stakeholders within the business (WREF, R&D and PDH) in GSK EHS policy and strategy development.
- Shaping change in the external environment is a key job factor.Ability to manage complexity and uncertainty in rapidly changing situations is required.Autonomous decision making is often essential.
- The breadth and number of activities directed by this position necessitates strong prioritization skills and the ability to manage tasks concurrently.Many of these tasks are initiated by the job holder; others come from internal customers and other stakeholders external to GSK. Deadlines are negotiable, but the job holder is required to make independent decisions as necessary.
- Position interfaces on a regular basis with all GSK business sectors.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related Science degree
- 5-10 years of Process Safety experience to include Hazard Identification (HAZID), Process Hazard Analysis/HAZOP's, As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP), Safety Instrumented Functions Analysis (SIL assessment, SIL verification) and Basis of Safety.
- Experience in Hazardous Area Classification and relevant NFPA guidelines
- Experience in performing Machinery Assessments to ensure robust safety interlocks and controls are in place.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge and experience in an actual high hazard environments e.g. chemical/ petrochemical processing
- Strong leadership abilities to influence senior GSK managers and staff in a demanding and rapidly evolving legislative environment.
- Good interpersonal, presentational and persuasive skills so as to successfully interact with managers at all levels and the ability to manage complex internal relations on a multi-site and international basis.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top