eContent Product Owner
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: May 14 2020
GSK Consumer Healthcare is the worlds largest consumer healthcare company and is on a pathway to be the world's first, leading pure play Consumer Healthcare company, independently listed on the FTSE 100. We have a portfolio of global brands that include Voltaren, Sensodyne, Corsodyl, Beechams, Otrivin, Panadol, Advil and Centrum. As a global healthcare company, the GSK mission is to help people do more, feel better and live longer. Within GSK Consumer Healthcare we are well positioned to realise that mission via our portfolio of leading brands, our brilliant people and our global reach with #1 market share positions in the world's largest markets, The US & China.
The connection between healthcare, technology and digital is becoming ever stronger. GSK Consumer Healthcare continues to transform and evolve its business to win in a digital world and to ensure that we are the most consumer and customer obsessed healthcare company in the world. We have entered a decade of disruption and change, fuelled by digital technologies and empowered, proactive consumers. We are looking for brilliant people who are passionate about healthcare, digital, technology and commerce to join us on this journey and help us digitise commerce at GSK Consumer Healthcare. We are looking for a Global eContent Product Owner that will sit within our Global Digital Commerce team to help shape how we manage and drive key digital commerce technologies to deliver best in class eContent experiences for our consumers and customers. At GSK Consumer Healthcare eContent refers to all eCommerce/Commerce related brand content that helps to improve the findability and conversion of our content on 3rd party (B2C - retailer.com) platforms.
Product Owners at GSK must posses a broad base of skills and knowledge spanning digital technology, agile ways of working, strategy and business planning, user experience, team leadership and vendor management. They must be able to navigate complex stakeholder structures, build and grow products, inspire teams, drive agile practices and manage short vs long term delivery priorities.
As the Global eContent Product Owner you will be responsible for the end to end Product landscape that supports the consumer and customer eContent journey (B2C) for GSK Consumer Healthcare brands. You will be responsible for leading our priority markets and tech teams with respect to Digital Commerce eContent Tech infrastructure and process enablement. You will be tasked with delivering industry defining consumer experiences on key customer platforms (Amazon, Alibaba, Walmart etc) to drive competitive growth for our brands. This role sits within the Digital Commerce Agility Enablement team and you will own a growing number of Products supporting internal eContent operations. You will also be accountable for leading the Product team and partnering with key functions to drive the day-to-day delivery of those Products. You will be required to influence senior stakeholders (Associate, Director, VP and in some cases SVPs) to support the Products vision and roadmap with sufficient resource allocation.
- Responsible for leading the Global Digital Commerce eContent Technology strategy (B2C), partnering with Global Digital Commerce Regional and Marketing Edge teams to ensure our systems and processes deliver a connected and seamless experience for our consumers/customers, delivering measurable sales growth for our brands.
- Responsible for embedding an agile (scrum), product mindset and developmental approach towards the devised strategy, with clearly defined KPIs that have an explicit focus on driving industry defining performance.
- Responsible for partnering with Must Win markets to ensure clearly defined business processes and tech enablement to support the Digital Commerce eContent Strategy (B2C) and local execution in collaboration with the Global eContent Lead and Regional Digital Commerce Teams bringing executional and operational agility to our business.
- Responsible for developing the product vision, roadmaps, user/persona stories, feature lists and experiments.
- Responsible for collaborating closely with Global Digital Commerce eContent Lead and Tech teams to drive towards an E2E, connected and automated experience for internal teams, facilitating market teams to execute rapid eContent optimisation.
- Responsible for leading and partnering with Marketing Edge and Must Win teams to ensure GSK Consumer Healthcare has the best tech partners to deliver and execute against the Digital Commerce eContent strategy to industry defining standards.
- Responsible for collaborating closely with the Global Digital Commerce Partnership Manager to manage/operationalise and where required, identify best in class agency partners that support and deliver value to the Digital Commerce ambition.
- Responsible for working with other Digital Commerce and Operations Product Owners to identify and deliver joint value opportunities for our customers that supports our overall Commerce strategy and Digital ambition.
- Accountable for managing business budgets and expenditure related to our PIM Product, project managers, development and vendor resources where required.
- Responsible for providing regular updates to internal stakeholders and senior management on progress, vision and ROI.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in eCommerce, Digital, Marketing, Tech, Business or related discipline
- Experience of Digital Commerce/Tech/Digital Marketing
- Experience with Product Information/Experience Management and Digital Asset Management related systems
- Experience driving Agile/Scrum ways of working
- Experience of managing outsourced technology
- Understanding of content performance/measurement technology
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GSK's Employees
JasdeepSenior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Digital & Tech
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top