District Sales Manager- Jersey City, NJ
- Edison, NJ
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Edison, USA - New Jersey - Elizabeth, USA - New Jersey - Jersey City
Posted Date: Aug 4 2020
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop and lead team to execute district business plan and implement district business strategies to meet district, regional and national objectives
- Lead and manage therapeutic area to sell promoted products to all customers according to the direction of management
- Lead and manage the therapeutic area to promote the product portfolio for their sales force, including the products that are not part of the bonus plan.
- Recruit, hire and retain qualified representatives. Prepare all required paperwork and administrative procedures to support hiring activities.
- Monitor progress in meeting established objectives.
- Ensure optimum coverage of all customers and potential customers.
- Provide adequate training, coaching, follow-up and development of sales representatives in all phases of their work including career development.
- Ensure that representatives understand marketing strategies and thoroughly communicate balanced product information.
- Plan and conduct sales meetings to inform, train, and motivate representatives.
- Keep current on relevant matters including company business, policy and procedures.
- Ensure effective distribution of products in the district including adequate stocking and adequate coverage of all distribution channels.
- Utilize staff as consultants in coordinating large programs, e.g., symposia, speakers' bureau.
- Manage and control expenses to maximize return on investment.
Why You? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 2+ yearsPharma/Biotech/Devicedistrict manager experience
- 4- year BA/BS degree required from an accredited institution
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience leading/managing in a complex healthcare environment
- Completion of a management development training program and/or special assignment (Other headquarter / cross functional expertise, e.g., sales training, sales ops, marketing, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of, and response to, the changing selling environment - mastery of selling and coaching skills
- Strong communication, coaching and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate internal matrix
- Performance Management Experience
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top