Director Value Evidence and Outcomes ( Health Economics and Outcomes/ HEOR) Oncology, Cell Therapy
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Nov 21 2019
Are you looking for a health outcomes role that allows you to leverage your modelling and Real World Evidence expertise to accelerate transparency and shape reimbursement strategy? If so, this Value Evidence and Outcomes (Health Economics and Outcomes Research) Director role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
We are seeking a Value Evidence & Outcomes (VEO) Director to lead and support health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) activities for GSK'794 and other cell therapy medicines within the development pipeline. The VEO Director will play a significant role in driving and executing the VEO strategy for assets across the development spectrum as we prepare for GSK's re-entry into the Global Oncology market and emergence to lead the utilization of cell therapies in the treatment of solid tumors.
GSK'794 is an autologous ex vivo T-cell receptor (TCR) modified T-cell therapy targeting for NY-ESO-1+ cancers. GSK'794 is the leading cell therapy for the treatment of solid tumors, with evidence of transformative efficacy in two forms of sarcoma and potential in a range of other indications including NSCLC and Multiple Myeloma. The therapy has received Orphan and Breakthrough Therapy Designation from the FDA and PRIME designation from the EMA. GSK executed rights to license GSK'794 from Adaptimmune in the fall of 2017. In parallel, building from investments in cell therapies for rare diseases, GSK has made significant investment in the development of a robust pipeline of additional high-potential cell therapies and an efficient manufacturing platform.
The VEO Director will report to the VEO Senior Director, Value Evidence Leader and will play a significant role in driving and executing the VEO strategy for cell therapy assets. The VEO Director role is essential in ensuring that each oncology medicine GSK brings to market is supported by scientifically credible, high quality evidence aligned with the needs of those responsible for making important decisions around patient access.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Contribute to and develop projects supporting the Value Evidence Plan. The role is responsible for ensuring scientifically robust evidence generation activities are integrated into the development program and effectively delivered.
- Ensure quality, visibility and continuity of health outcomes activity conducted centrally and/ or in key local operating companies (LOCs).
- Lead, coordinate, and collaborate on strategy and projects/studies with representatives from the Value Evidence Team (VET)
- Interact with others in the matrix to plan, implement and update on projects/studies within the Value Evidence Plan
- Manage the needs of 1 or more medicine programs at different stages of development through to post-launch showing an ability to handle competing priorities, address issues of multiple complexity and deliver to challenging timelines.
- Develop disease area level materials / tools in early development, refining these into medicine specific materials in preparation for governance decisions.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master's Degree or higher in Health Economics and Outcomes Research or a relevant discipline
- 8 or more years' experience in health outcomes or an aligned discipline/function
- Previous experience in real world evidence
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Global / above country experience
- Recent oncology experience
- Expertise with health economic modeling and HTA interactions
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top