Director, US Pricing
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Aug 11 2020
Are you a leader with the abilities to identify pricing strategies across therapeutic areas? If you answered yes, this would be a terrific opportunity for you.
The Director of US Pricing is primarily responsible for development and execution of an overarching US Pricing strategy across GSK's portfolio of products: Oncology, Specialty, Vaccines, and Respiratory.
You and your team will establish price strategies for products across the product continuum (early state development, launch, and late-stage lifecycle). This is a highly visible role that works closely with Payer Marketing, Policy, Finance, and Global functions to ensure key data and insights are utilized to support all pricing recommendations as well as to clearly articulate the basis for pricing strategy.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Key activities include
- Establishing strategic price strategies for pipeline products aligned with Target Product Profile
- Determining and implementing strategic launch price recommendations, as well as in-line product price management, consistent with brand strategies and reflective of the realities of the US payer market
- Modeling the impact of price to patient and provider in relevant areas (eg, ASP)
- Responsibility for all price transparency reporting
In addition, this individual will work closely across a number of functions including:
- US and Global Market Access teams responsible for payer pipeline development to ensure forecast reflects anticipated clinical endpoints, target populations and relevant comparators
- US Policy teams in evaluating policy proposals, scenario planning and outlining implications
- Brand Payer Marketing teams to ensure aligned to individual brand strategies
- Finance teams in support of overall financial models
- Government Pricing team for key price reporting aspects
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-5 years of US Pricing experience
- Experience and understanding of brand/therapeutic area marketing strategy and the ability to match these to customer needs in delivering products of value
- Understanding of influence of price across payer, provider, and patient landscape and ability to translate both business and individual needs across different therapy area/brand value
- Expertise in payer markets including understanding of all channels and segments
- Key understanding of pricing dynamics across both pharmacy and medical reimbursement mechanisms (eg, ASP)
- Understanding of environmental/policy issues and trends that may influence price and access
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Graduate Degree
- Health outcomes application and analysis
- Experience managing a team
- Experience leading and influencing across various levels and within various functions
- Ability to excel in a constantly evolving and dynamic landscape
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity at times
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal influencing skills and prioritization skills
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated analytical skills
- Critical thinking
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of ever ything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top