Director, US Health Outcomes Scientist
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Jul 28 2020
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Leads the development, management, design, implementation and delivery of US health outcome strategy & tactical plans for specific vaccine(s)/ disease area(s) to support the strategic objectives of GSK vaccines during discovery, development, launch and/or life cycle management
- Leads and delivers tools/services to support reimbursement and access, and differentiate vaccination within a therapeutic area in support of the US access of GSK vaccines by the right patients who benefit from them by evaluating and demonstrating their differentiated value to patients, physicians and payers during discovery, development and launch
- Works in partnership with matrix bodies within product development (access teams, medical matrix teams, medical commercial strategy teams, and project teams) and regions to ensure provision of health outcomes information to support internal decision making during all phases of vaccines development
- Engages in a leadership role through matrix teams and line functions to provide input into development of vaccines development strategies at all stages of development
- Represents USHO vaccines team on global and/or regional GSK initiatives
- Acknowledged as subject matter expert in research methodology, therapeutic area, and/or vaccines reimbursement and access strategy
- Ensures that key regional therapeutic area health outcomes plans for vaccine/disease area aligned with vaccines development strategy in order to help secure reimbursement, market access/formulary listing, and promotion
- Supervise/co-ordinate team leading the design of US health outcomes studies and instruments, conduct studies to generate US health outcomes data, and develop economic models to demonstrate the economic and humanistic benefits of GSK vaccines in a rigorous and timely manner
- Effective generation, implementation, communication and dissemination of health outcome plans and deliverables globally and regionally, both to internal and external audience
- Develop presentations, manuscripts, registry summaries and promotional pieces to communicate/disseminate health outcomes data
- Leverage health economics and outcomes data with CDC stakeholders, payers, and providers through appropriate/approved mechanisms
- Training of field staff on health outcomes data and promotional materials as appropriate for organizational role
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with external health outcomes experts/thought leaders to ensure appropriate methods in health economics and quality of life research are applied, in accordance with GSK policies
- Effective project management of external consultants/CROs/third parties to achieve project objectives within timelines and within budget
- Use expert knowledge of global and/or regional healthcare markets and needs of healthcare decision-makers to inform development of strategies.
- Share expert health outcomes knowledge with department, stakeholders, and matrix team members
- Ensure all company and departmental required training for self is completed within necessary timeframe and documented appropriately
- Ensure all company and departmental SOPs are understood and adhered to by self
- As a Study Accountable Person, ensure that any observational study (retrospective database or chart review; meta-analysis/indirect comparison, prospective longitudinal) is tracked, monitored, reported, & disclosed according to all relevant policies and GSK procedures. This responsibility is owned by the Study Accountable Person even if the activities are outsourced
- Responsible for multiple US health outcomes vaccines projects and/disease areas, including pipeline
- Responsible for development of US health outcomes strategy for asset/vaccine(s), including pipeline
- Responsible for development and implementation of tactical plans for asset/vaccine(s), including pipeline
- Manage budgets for multiple projects and/or vaccines assets, including pipeline
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- A Masters, PhD, PharmD, MD or equivalent in a relevant discipline (i.e., Health Policy, Economics, Health Services Research, Pharmacy Administration, Epidemiology, etc). Specific training in reimbursement and access, epidemiology, health economics and/or outcomes research is essential to main educational qualifications
- Extensive experience working in the pharmaceutical industry, managed care, hospital, academic, government or healthcare environment, specifically relating to leading health outcomes strategy, research and application
- Strong track record of publicating research in top peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Experience conducting vaccines research
- Manage matrix relationships
- Manage vendors/third parties/CROs in execution of US health outcomes activities (studies and/or projects)
- Supervision of students and contractors
- May have direct reports
- Flexible Thinking
- Countinuous Improvement
- Customer Driven
- Developing People
- Enable and Drive Change
- Building Relationships
- Strategic and tactical application of health outcomes expertise (retrospective database studies, chart reviews, cross-sectional surveys, prospective observational studies, patient-reported outcomes development and validation, economic modeling, payer research); ability to apply and adapt in concert with therapeutic knowledge
- Business knowledge and application to problem solving
- Reimbursement systems, healthcare market and decision-maker understanding
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top