Director US Early Commercial Strategy Oncology
- Weston, MA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Waltham, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Oct 28 2020
Are you energized by a high-profile sales & marketing leadership role that allows you to drive market growth? If so, this Early Commercial Strategy role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As we look to redefine expectations in cancer care, we need experienced, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to help on this journey. Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fueled by a personal passion to give our customers and our patients MORE. More of ourselves, more to fight for and more moments that matter!
As a Director US Early Commercial Strategy, you will be responsible for establishing challenging strategic and operating priorities and plans for key Oncology assets across cell therapy and immuno-oncology to optimize future revenue and growth.
This role will provide/gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Achieve and drive to exceed the business unit targets and goals
- Provide commercial expertise and leadership
- Input into development of early brand strategies, positioning, issues and opportunities to make robust launch plans.
- Drive key business decisions, nuanced understanding of market dynamics, commercialization choice and long term revenue
- Advocate and support Commercial Insights, market research and operational forecasts
- Direct and drive the commercial insights and strategies to deliver optimal sales and growth for strategic products
- Represent US Commercial across matrix teams to ensure high quality launch plans are established
- Meet the high need for cross-functional influence and collaboration internally across divisions to deliver results
- Effectively manage transitions to Brand/Launch teams
- Establish strong cross-marketing teams to create a strong, positive, and success-oriented culture
- Ensure appropriate allocation & utilization of budget/resources to ensure budget efficiency, in line with company policy.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of experience in life sciences marketing, operations, analytics or healthcare consulting
- Brand Management experience including product launch
- Leadership capabilities to influence a group through managing change
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Oncology experience across multiple tumor types or modalities
- Effective communication and presentations skills
- Experience in pharmaceutical sales
- Ability to identify key priorities, align strategic and tactical plans, and inspire cross-functional teams to achieve objectives
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix environment and influence without formal authority
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top