Director Testing Services
- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bangalore
Posted Date: Dec 4 2019
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience Required
15 Years of Test Management experience in implementing and defining testing process for Large SAP ERP implementation preferably in a GxP (regulated) environment
- Experience with defining and implementing automated regression testing
- Experience of leading a large testing team, preferably in a regulated environment
- Experience of leading testing on multiple large SAP implementations (ERP) in Cloud based solutions
- Experience of implementing Test Automation tools and procedures in large IT departments
- Experience in defining and deploying load testing tools and principles (Performance)
- Experience in working in a dynamic environment - Waterfall, Agile, DevOps
- Experience of managing 3rd party suppliers in an onshore/offshore model
- Experience with implementing automated regression testing.
- Experience with deploying load testing tools and principles.
Minimum Level of Education Required
Graduate in related discipline or equivalent experience.
Prince 2 or PMP Certification is a must.
Preferred Level of Education
Preferably Master's Degree in Information Technology
- To provide Test Management resources to Projects and Programme' s within GLOBAL ERP.
- Manage Team to provide consistent and repeatable (as per the Test Strategy) delivery of Testing.
- Ensure that Testing Risk for all associated Test Projects and Programme' s are delivered to an acceptable level.
- Provide resources to monitor and report on Testing of BAU changes and Break fix items.
- Manage Defect Management service across all Testing Projects.
- Manage Team to deliver Test Documentation to time and budget for all Projects, Programme' s and BAU changes (Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Reports, RTM's).
- Manage and deliver the Testing of Automation, Roles Testing and Performance Test to Time, Cost and Quality utilizing offshore delivery partners.
- To validate the accuracy of the data, the performance of the data applications, and the stability of the underlying platform.
- Focus on Application Performance, Monitoring, and Testing of critical applications and networks across the global footprint of GSK.
- Design and maintain the GLOBAL ERP delivery and operational frameworks (Activities, deliverables, roles and responsibilities)
- Monitor deliverable quality, ensure quality standards are being met, following a risk-based approach, according to GLOBAL ERP SOPs and projects PQPs.
- Provide Testing Quality measurement against the specific project risk profile.
- Ensure GLOBAL ERP activities fit with Regulatory requirements and liaise with Business Quality Groups to contribute to the overall validation status of the business facing application systems or services - Non business facing projects are solely quality assured by GLOBAL ERP QRC.
- Ensure GLOBAL ERP is keeping up with regulatory and legal requirements through a pro-active knowledge management programme.
- Provide Team to perform Level 1 monitoring through Test Case review and Approval and Post Execution Reviews to ensure that Testing is delivered to an agreed standard and format as articulated in the Test Strategy.
- Provide Reporting Framework that is streamlined and details the most relevant measures across the Testing Delivery piece.
- Generate metrics consistently across all Projects for all levels of Management, including Executive and Operational Dashboards.
- Generate metrics on Testing activities to view 'Right First Time'.
- Provide analysis of metrics to drive process improvement and efficiency across the Testing Service.
Training and Championing of Testing Methodology and Testing Process
- Ensure that the Test Team are all trained in Testing Process and Methodology to level of Subject Matter Experts.
- Ensure that the Test Methodology and Processes are kept up to date and aligned in CDMS, One Stop Shop (1SS).
- Ensure the methods, tools, team capability, and education on the process out to all impacted parties achieve the best balance between effectiveness (compliance) and Efficiency (right first time, cycle time), without compromising Quality and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Drive a continuous improvement and Lean culture within GLOBAL ERP in ensuring Change Owners take higher accountability for their change without relying on C&RM compensating controls.
- Liaise with Key Stakeholders to provide progress updates on Testing Services and shape testing discussions with leadership.
- Reduce average unit cost by implementing automation framework that facilitated, moving support from 'Admin-only' to 'self-service' and redefined expectations with the business.
- Make sure that the Team is 'right sized' for all Testing related services with the use of contract and SI resources
- Act as point of escalation for all Testing issues and reporting across GLOBAL ERP
- Ensure that all project estimates for Testing and use of Testing Services resources are accurate and correct, and any risk associated with planning is clearly articulated
- Make sure that all team PDP's are delivered as required by CBS policy
- Make sure that all training and compliance requirements across the team are met as expected
- Negotiated additional cost savings on a business-critical project by working closely with the vendor to identify win-win opportunities.
- Increased work throughput without raising costs by creating and implementing a Flexible Sourcing Model leveraging complementary work staff.
- Responsible for service roadmap and strategy, vendor management, software licensing, and schedule hardware maintenance.
- Direct a team of high-performing architects, software developers, and project managers focused on maximizing application performance in 6 service areas: Application Monitoring, Performance Testing, Network Profiling & Testing, Performance Analytics, Load Balancing, and Production Performance Troubleshooting/Optimization.
- Developed Key Talent by helping them identify their capabilities and supporting their personal and organizational leadership growth and goals.
- Engaged stakeholders at all levels of the IT organization.
- Work with stakeholders across business units to determine needs/expectations, validation requirements, billing model, staffing, and oversee the delivery.
- Improved communication between IT and Business Units by establishing and facilitating a weekly Governance board meeting to review current and future projects, share updates, and listen to feedback.
- Boosted morale and reduced turnover by improving communications (weekly meetings, Instant Messaging, Shared Team Site) between contractors and permanent team.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top