Director, Oncology Consumer/Patient Marketing - Zejula
- Waltham, MA
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Waltham
Posted Date: Apr 20 2020
Are you an experienced Marketing Director seeking a challenging and rewarding career to shape and redefine expectations in cancer care?
As we look to redefine expectations in cancer care, we need experienced, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to help on this journey. Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fueled by a personal passion to give our customers and our patients MORE. More of ourselves, more to fight for, and more moments that matter!
Rooted on insights, the Director - Oncology Consumer Marketing will design the patient journey maps, develop/refine the patient-focused strategic plan, and develop and execute innovative patient-focused initiatives designed to bring value to the patient. This work will begin with supporting the patient focused activities surrounding GSK's lead oncology product for the treatment of ovarian cancer.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the myeloma therapy area and market trends how patients are impacted
- Understand, design and develop the patient journey and segmentation, and execute on brand strategies
- Partner with GSK's insights team to understand the voice of the patient and ensure that voice is rooted in all patient-focused activities
- Contribute to the development and execution of the patient-focused strategy within the annual brand plan
- Develop patient-focused unbranded and branded tools and programs (e.g., disease education information and materials provided to patient, patient support tools/programs to improve HCP and patient communication, branded patient education information and materials provided to patient)
- Develop unbranded and branded patient support websites (if applicable)
- Understand patient organization landscape and develop patient organization & advocacy strategy development in close partnership with Patient Advocacy/Patient Engagement Lead
- Map and understand influential online websites/blogs or other initiatives that provide patient information
- In partnership with the Oncology Digital Marketing Lead, develop digital strategy and initiatives that bring value to patients and the brand
- Collaborate on the end-to-end orchestration of search focused digital marketing campaigns (e.g. SEO, SEM) in partnership with the Oncology Digital Marketing Lead
- Partner with Insights & Analytics team to access and assess digital data and analytics
- Partner with Corporate Communications to develop and integrate public relations patient strategies and programs
- Manage the internal legal, regulatory, and medical review and approval of new materials to enable responsible external communication
- Foster strong partnerships with US and Global Insights, Market Access, Regulatory/Labelling, Medical Affairs, Legal, PR/Communications, and other functions in co-developing the patient/consumer strategy, to ensure aligned objectives and implementation across all functions
- Ensure appropriate market analysis and competitive benchmarking is conducted to inform of all patient/consumer marketing programs and tactics
- Manage budgets and closely monitor performance, ensuring cost effective delivery of all programs
- Track and monitor key patient-focused performance indicators
- Ensure that all marketing processes, documents and tactics are developed and implemented in accordance with GlaxoSmithKline compliance guidelines
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree and 8 + years product/brand management experience including patient/consumer marketing, with particular emphasis on understanding of digital communication channels
- Oncology experience with a deep understanding of the US oncology landscape
- Ability to travel up to 40%
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA or master's degree
- Experience in gynecologic oncology or women's cancers
- Pharmaceutical launch experience
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate all clinical data / publications to support business objectives
- Strong communication skills and track record of effective presentations
- Strong track record of project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written skills and the ability to interact professionally
- Demonstrated ability to understand and anticipate customer needs (internal and/or external)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology regulatory environment and has proven track record of managing tactical design, messaging and execution
- Well-versed in core marketing principles and able to conceptualize and articulate a vision for the brand that energizes all functional areas and stakeholders.
- Sales experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
At GSK, we are committed in our pursuit to help people do more, feel better and live longer. To accomplish this vision, we start with understanding the patients, the disease and mechanistic ways these two interact. Through this understanding we attempt to identify unique and innovative approaches to fight for patients to ultimately reverse the course of disease. The medicines that emerge from this research come from some of the strongest and most passionate minds, enabling us to get one step closer on our pursuit. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgment to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top