Director of Platforms
- Warren, NJ
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Nov 26 2019
As Director of Data Platforms working for GSK CH Tech Innovation and Platforms team, you will be leading the growth mindset of the GSK Consumer Health Care business and enable modern Platforms capabilites in Data and Analytics, in AI /ML world. As an Enterprise Data Platform and Capabilites Head, this role will need a highly distinguishable, entrepreneurial and autonomous characteristics requiring sound judgement and a keen ability to work well in ambiguous environment and be headlights for the Org.
As an Enterprise Data Capabilities lead with inhouse engineers, you will leverage the latest cloud technology using multi-tenant environments, employ support of Strong Tech vendor Partnerships to simplify data management, ingestion and insights generation using AI/ML capabilities for enabling CDO Functions and across the enterprise.
Strategy, Stakeholder & Demand Pipeline Management:
- As a Front-runner in Data Platforms, you will define a Data platform strategy and Cross-functional Integration services underpinned by the business objectives of GSK CH delivered in an agile mode, will launch the new capabilites in design markets, Test & learn and stabilize capabilites to be rolled out for rest of the org with best practises while complying to GSK Polices.
- Will align roadmap with quarterly and yearly goals along with required KPI's defining adoption and impact to business.
- Our culture is of transparency, hence collaborating across multiple teams is a key to success and will need to influence the roadmap while learning from the past with and outlook towards future.
- Partner with Internal by connecting creatively: You could face challenging problems to solve that have the potential to benefit various teams, so you will need to find the best ideas from across the organization using focus and facts. How do you have an open discussion on the way forward path, disagree agreeably and then move forward together? Key stakeholders being Internal CH Tech LT, CDO and Functional Heads.
- Partner with External tech vendors and Learning Constantly: As you speak for the customer, consumer both internally and externally, it's imperative you intimately understand their needs and desires. Own Partnerships Manage and Develop Strategic partnerships with both largest Tech Enterprises partners as well as start-up firms in leading commercial discussions supported by Business leaders
Delivery, People Management, Product Mobilization and Operations:
- As an enterprise Data Capability Leader, you will experiment, incubate and establish Enterprise Data Capabilites coupled with AI/ML tools for enterprise functions.
- Deliver using experimentation and deploying priority design markets, which when tested successfully will be mobilized globally using the relevant support functions or by platform team based on the remit.
- Deliver directly or in conjunction with Product, Data and Innovations teams to create necessary deliverables meeting product requirements while Project delivery methodology will exercise Agile, design thinking and performance-based risk testing.
- Maintain a culture of delivery on time for the business relevancy and continuous improvement with a focus in being best in class product delivery organization.
- Enable and provide operational guidelines of Enterprise data Capabilities driving Dev-ops, Data Cloud Management services, Data API versioning
- Remain flexible towards technology approaches to ensure that the best advantage is being taken of new technologies at the enterprise level.
- Build new talent pipeline with continuous development and High-Performance sessions and infrastructure for incubation and deploy culture, with core teams and portfolio Lead developing MVP powered by continuous learning.
- Ability to do so in a modern work environment with a distributed team and Tech Vendors such as Microsoft /Google and preferred Vendors
Technical Skills and Processes Experience:
- Extensive technical knowledge including Architecture on a broad range of Data capabilites - Governance, Security and Privacy, Master data / Customer Data Platforms, platforms with AI/ML Tools for supporting Enterprise functions.
- Track Record of delivering software applications in AI, Data Engineering in Big data environment.
- Drive AI/ML adoption in the organization by establishing AI services and Platforms.
- Manage approved incubation efforts/ product MVP through early stage of incubation including technology POC and development of Product Service MVP with a goal of reaching a decision point for each initiative in Software development, Capacity Planning, Intial go to market plan development, Core business engagement mode, pressure testing and support building.
- Support an API culture (for managing data capabilites and enterprise Data exchange) for enabling better and faster microservice based inter-operability and effective data integration using cloud capabilities both within and external systems.
- Monitor the Platform value on a periodic basis to ensure performance is optimal while still meeting business needs and security compliance aspects.
- Governance: Implement standard governance in close alliance with Business Performance and Budget approval process that allows the Programs, Product and stakeholders to manage overall performance and manage risks within the regional / global nature of the programmes.
- Budget Management: Responsible for providing high level (+/-30% accuracy) estimates to CH Tech / Global Business LT, to support Budget approval process at Platform inception and arrive at OpeX costs. Accountable for detailed Budget estimates approval at kick-off stage, dealing with Finance and Business stakeholders to get costs understood and approved.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Ensure all risk and issues associated with owned programmes and projects are recorded and managed in the appropriate Risk & Issue logs in a timely manner and according to programme standards. Ensure all Risks and Issues have clear action/mitigation/contingency plans defined, with named action owners and timelines for completion.
- Location: To be effective it is essential that this role is in Warren, NJ. / Brentford UK- as responsibility of this role is to represent the team at various governance and project meetings. This co-location is critical to establish working relationships with other key delivery partners and senior stakeholders.
We are looking for professional with these required Skills to achieve our goals.
- Computer Science Degrees combined with an MBA with relevant CPG Business experience or MS degree in Data, analytics or software engineering Candidates are also welcome.
- Leader with hands on experience in asset management industry Good communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to listen and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Five years of progressive leadership responsibilities leading development with experience modern engineering deployment methods.
- Significant experience in major Global/Regional Tech organization in CPG with capabilities in Customer enablement platforms from CRM, e-Commerce (B2B, B2C), with proficiency in Content management through Innovative channels including personalization including Azure.
- Implementation of new and emergent technologies in a Value Chain functions from Finance, Supply Chain digitization, data and Analytics, RnD for big data and Cognitive capabilities etc.
- Have handled Data Integration capabilites to effectively move data and real time data synchronization ETL or Integration tools within Azure/equivalent.
- Developed or created platforms for Data Management capabilites for All Party and consumer ID graph development.
- Experience working in cloud platform engineering and architectural performing research, Cloud application design, experimentation and bench marking
- Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills with all level of the organization including senior stakeholders
- Has first-hand experience in tracking and reporting progress in a systematic and robust way
- Needs to have managed and conducted escalations to other teams and to senior stakeholders
- Experience in influencing and negotiating with senior IT and senior business stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge at all levels of the project and with stakeholders to ensure objectives are met.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top