Director of Clinical Supply Chain Innovation
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - Hertfordshire - Ware, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Jul 22 2020
Director of Digital Solutions - Clinical Supply Chain
Please note, we are considering candidates based in the UK (Ware or Stevenage) and the US (Philadelphia).
At GSK, we are currently working hard at improving all of our business areas through data and through emerging technologies! In post, you will join the wider R&D function at GSK, owning the delivery of data-related solutions, enabling and maximising the potential of the end to end Clinical Supply Chain (CSC).
We are looking for someone who can truly bring about change; someone who will find and suggest new concepts: a compelling, convincing leader with vision. We are a large, complicated organisation, but though adept partnership with a wide variety of colleagues (Internal and external), we seek to deploy novel applications for Supply Chain systems and to drive digital transformation within Supply Chain.
You will own the Supply Chain Digital Solutions Team, whilst also contributing to the overall performance of CSC and R&D goals. You will identify and apply novel technologies to aid modernisation, enabling digital solutions to transform the business model in a way which drives value and performance. By improving use of new technologies you'll redefine standard processes, and enable new strategies as a result.
Digital Solutions is a true growth area for GSK, meaning you will have considerable opportunities to learn and expand their knowledge in the role.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining clinical systems and analytics roadmaps, identifying and integrating emerging industry trends in digital technology
- Lead and deliver digital and data services to provide value of operations across clinical supply chain functions, utilizing AI/ML concepts
- Owning the application of A&I solutions and data interpretation with business partners, modernizing technologies to meet growing data integrity and data stewardship demands
- Delivering sophisticated analytics/data science that enable advanced decision making for forecasting and optimizing supply demand
- Identify and deliver a variety of technical initiatives
- Building a robust, active and engaged network of innovators and influencers
- Establish and grow a team of data scientists providing full lifecycle of data from data generation, ingestion, curation, analysis and visualization to drive business decisions
What we really need in this role is a genuine leader, with experience and capability in project management and people management on a global scale. You will be an adept networker and relationship builder, engaging with partners at the highest levels of the business. Your approach will be balanced, with skill and knowledge in future technologies combined with the capability to implement and motivate change. You will understand sophisticated, technical ideas and have the ability to translate these into more accessible information for the wider business. In this position you will act as a change champion, so an innovative, progressive approach to supply chain is required. Last, but not least, you will be highly strategic.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creation & maintenance of clinical systems and analytics roadmaps by identifying and integrating emerging industry trends in digital technology concepts across the clinical supply value chain
- Delivering Core Tech accountabilities for Analytics and Informatics (A&I) solutions powering the clinical supply chain in-line with partners in the business, Data & Computational Science (DCS), Tech (IT) and aligned Vendors
- Providing leadership contribution to the application of A&I solutions and data interpretation with business partners, modernizing technologies to meet increasing data integrity and data stewardship demands
- Senior leadership contribution to design and execution of CSC Modernisation projects including ERP- fusion implementation
- Delivering advanced analytics/data science that enable advanced decision making for forecasting and optimizing supply demand
- Providing technical leadership in the identification and delivery of solutions contribution to the effective running of the CSC/PDS business and meeting the evolving aspirations to establish CSC as an agile, efficient industry-leading clinical supply chain organization. Solutions include platform applications (such as IRT, ERP, Pack & Label systems), reporting & visualization, supply chain modelling & simulation and novel, disruptive technologies.
- Establishing active internal & external network of innovators and influencers. Represent and communicate effectively at relevant leadership fora.
- Developing a high-performance team culture with your direct reports (approx. 6-8) ensuring each team member feels empowered and trusted to deliver and has a development plan in place. Lead, mentor and coach as appropriate, demonstrating and supporting leadership aligned to GSK/R&D culture.
- Ensuring team members have IPTC and development objectives aligned with the business focus areas and priorities
- Accountability for EHS and Quality compliance for team responsibilities, (e.g. quality investigations, QMS deliverables).
For this role to deliver, the successful candidate will need to be a genuine leader, with experience and capability in project management and people management on a global scale, as well as working successfully across international and functional borders. You will be an adept networker, influencer and relationship builder, able to engage with and deliver solutions with stakeholders at the highest levels of the business. Your approach will be balanced, with skill and knowledge in future technologies combined with the capability to implement and drive changes practically. Part of this will require the ability to understand and interpret complex, technical ideas and to translate these into more accessible information to be communicated with the wider business. In this position you will act as a change champion, so an innovative, transformative and highly modern approach to supply chain is required. You will need an innovative mindset, and a truly strategic approach.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry of similar technical industry with a high value supply chain
- Solid grasp of drug development and clinical trials, including recent advances in data science and technology
- Prior experience implementing digital solutions within clinical trial supply chain
- Strong leadership and multi-functional social skills
- Knowledgeable in Supply Chain Planning, Logistics, Quality Management and modelling
- Knowledge of cGXP and 21CFR Part11 standards
- Masters or higher degree, Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Experience specifically in Clinical Supply Chain
- Preferred experience in GDPR, SAP, ERP, IRT and clinical trial systems
- Lean Six Sigma or other similar qualifications
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top