Director, New Product Development, Voltaren
- Richmond, VA
The new Consumer Health Business in GSK is a fast-moving dynamic business, bringing together, as part of a joint venture with Pfizer, two exciting consumer-centric portfolios which include Oral Health, Respiratory & Skin, Pain and Wellness. As the Director, New Product Development -Volteren, you will drive the identification, implementation and embedding of clinical strategies to improve business performance and clinical studies delivery within the region. You will play a key role in supporting the Regional head of Clinical Operations to manage business operations.
A role in GSK Consumer Health offers the opportunity to work across a portfolio with true variety, with products including medicines, devices and cosmetics. As part of the joint venture, this portfolio is becoming even stronger, including a variety of well-known and instantly recognizable products. This is an area of the GSK business which is highly innovation driven, offering its employees a consistent, fast-paced challenge and the chance to work with many other areas of the wider business, both locally and internationally, to help safely drive and maintain GSK's Consumer Health business.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Successfully liaise with key internal (Local Operating Country (LOC) Clinical Operations Heads, GSK central study teams, Country Medical Directors, Area Medical Directors, etc.) and external (strategic partners) stakeholders in the region to ensure the achievement of key deliverables
- Support management of strategic partner oversight in the region.
- Drive study delivery, business efficiencies, implementation of new process and quality improvement within the Area
- Support management and tracking of financials for Americas Region
- Support management and tracking of study delivery metrics for the Americas region
- Support management of resourcing in the region.
- Contribute into cross-functional projects both within Pharmaceutical R&D and with other stakeholders outside of Pharmaceutical R&D, contribute/lead above-country initiatives and projects;
- Facilitate Americas leadership team meetings.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in a science related field
- Experience developing and leading teams
- Experience with successful product launches
- Experience in strategic oversight
- Experience participating in above country initiatives
- Experience managing budgets, project management, and resourcing
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree (MS, PhD, MD)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and agility to further grow the product line
- Demonstrated leadership success and record of high performance and delivery
- Experience of change management and leading teams through change
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top