Director, Hosting Infrastructure
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Oct 30 2020
Are you interested in a role providing global, senior leadership in all aspects of delivering the design, deployment and operations of Compute products to be consumed by all business units in GSK? If so, then the Director, Hosting Infrastructure might be the opportunity for you!
This role is responsible for the Compute products for application hosting. The Compute products and services are global and are the foundation for GSK application hosting while delivering support 24x7x365. The position is not only responsible for the new products and services but is also responsible for the existing GSK Compute Services use.
As Director, Hosting Infrastructure you will...
- Lead a team of high performing individuals who create Compute products to meet current and future needs for GSK. While providing both local and remote management and leadership.
- Transform the ways of working from a project-based to a product-based organization.
- Deliver the target architecture and engineering for the Compute products to be consumed globally by GSK.
- Work regularly with senior management to align expectations and deliverables. Deliver quality product against commitment while working in an Agile framework.
- Develop the strategic supplier to be an extension of the organization and provide elastic support for projects when required.
- Transform the IT operations team from a ticket-based organization to an intelligence operations team implementing ML/AI with the internal team and strategic supplier.
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship to Compute staff in the delivery of the Compute Architectural roadmap for Hosting solutions, ensuring fit-for-purpose, best-in-class, and currency.
- Oversee the delivery and engineering of Compute Products, ensuring that designs are scalable, resilient, extensible and secure.
- Ensure industry best practice is being followed for GSK's hosting, and regular health checks are being performed to ensure we are responding to any changes in the regulatory landscape and emerging security threats.
- Apply hardware design theories and principles, perform complex work in research, design and development of new or existing products, tools and processes required for the operation, maintenance and testing of products.
- Seek out emerging and established hosting industry trends, and makes proposals on changes, enhancements, and replacements of our existing identity tools through detailed analysis, proof of concepts and product comparisons.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BSc degree, or equivalent technical qualification with relevant experience. - Computer Science / Software Engineering
- 10+ years of Compute infrastructure Engineering and Delivery experience
- 6+ years in a role with proven success in running large compute teams supporting applications hosting and delivering enterprise programs across functional IT Teams
- Broad understanding of application hosting services including but not limited to Compute, Storage/Backup, Database, Networking
- Experience in working in Agile ways of working
- Experience in developing Cloud based solutions in Azure and GCP
- Experience with Linux, Windows and Unix Operating systems
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree Computer Science / Software Engineering
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top