Director, Global Market Access Oncology, Dostarlimab
Site Name: Switzerland - Zug, UK - London - Brentford, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Dec 9 2019
Are you looking the opportunity to be with a company on the leading edge of cancer treatment? If so, this opportunity at GSK for a Director of Market Access for Dostarlimab may be the role for you.
With the advent of checkpoint inhibitors, we have entered an exciting new era in the treatment of cancer. GSK has a leading pipeline of potential medicines that target mechanisms to unleash the power of the immune system against cancer. The portfolio spans pre-clinical through to late-stage clinical assets, comprising a variety of clinically validated and potential first-in-class targets, across a wide range of solid tumor indications.
Dostarlimab (TSR-042), a PD-1 inhibitor, in development for non-small cell lung cancer and MSI-H cancers (including endometrial) with anticipated BLA submission late 2019. You will manage the global market access for this role.
As a Global Market Access Director for Dostarlimab, you will be responsible to ensure payer and provider needs are represented within the assigned therapy area / asset teams. They will frame the strategic payer needs to enable GSK to achieve successful pricing & listing decisions resulting in optimal access & uptake across the portfolio. This will be achieved through working with the R&D, Commercial, Regulatory, VEO teams and key Therapy Areas Local Operating Companies (LoCs).
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities are focused on 3 key areas:
Optimizing Patient Access and Pricing: Strategy, Implementation and Management
- Develop value anchored price setting strategies, including net price strategy for different payer archetypes typically with single arm trials at launch through medicine life cycle.
- Develop reimbursement strategy and value propositions for national and sub national payers, both public and private sectors in Oncology
- Provide price, reimbursement, and access inputs into global forecasts for pipeline, business development due diligence, and portfolio strategy
- Develop "price getting" activities including launch sequencing, target price achievement, and net price management for oncology assets closer to launch
Evidence generation to support value demonstration
- In partnership with R&D, VEO, Regulatory and commercial teams, develop and translate payer insights, obtained through internal (LOC) and external customer research and/or engagement, into meaningful evidence generation plans that support a strong reimbursement file
- Ensure that payer and provider needs are represented within the early asset teams for strategy development, evidence generation and successful pricing and listing decisions.
Payer account segmentation and access resource development
- Partner with access and commercial leads in the priority markets to proactively identify the access related challenges of national and regional payer groups, and cash paying patients for FTiH and Phase 2/3 Oncology assets
- Partner with Value and Evidence Outcomes (VEO), to develop and disseminate market access resources, which communicate compelling value messages in line with payer value proposition(s)
- Partner with Medicines Commercialization Leaders (MCLs) and Global Marketing Directors (GMDs) to identify access and pricing-based solutions that maximize access opportunities in GSK care areas across the continuum of care
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to discuss, collaborate, and challenge, internal and external stakeholders (Value and Evidence Outcomes, LOC market Access/Health Outcomes) on technical matters regarding HTA, evidence generation, and health outcomes.
- Ability to partner with LOCs to drive access and uptake of GSK products by providing solutions that address payers needs
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced Degree (MBA / Masters of Science)
- Ideally the candidate will have experience working in a commercially orientated market access and pricing role in key markets such as US, EU5, and Japan and have had significant involvement in recently (within last 2-3 years) bringing oncology medicines through the reimbursement and access process in either a European or Global role.
- Assigned asset area/ therapy experience
- Leadership of national and regional pricing, reimbursement, and market access projects / activities
- Experience leading teams in use of health economic models and outcome research (including value proposition development) to improve patient access and overcome barriers to access
- Experience working with different countries and payer archetypes on access and reimbursement related projects
- People leadership and ability to influence within a matrix team
- Direct customer negotiating or contracting experience would be an advantage.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk. Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning. Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations. Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top