Director, DevOps eCommerce
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Mar 4 2020
Are you a forward-thinking and innovative Tech leader with expertise in the eCommerce domain, a firm understanding of the Pharmaceutical industry, and a passion for leading cross-functional product teams? If so, then the Director, DevOps eCommerce position is the opportunity for you.
As Director, DevOps eCommerce you will be responsible for leading the strategy, design and innovation for our Pharma eCommerce platform, manage the day to day operations for a group of Tech Products and Services aligned to the US Pharma business process and coordinate the delivery of new approved tech products. This role will have Tech Manager & Analyst roles in the reporting line, providing technical expertise for all aspects of lifecycle management (Build & Support). The role is also closely aligned with business and other technical teams creating a product centric approach to planning and development. The team is supplemented with external resources as required, where requirements are identified by the Pharma Tech Product Managers and Product Owner.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Design and plan the future roadmap and innovation opportunities for the eCommerce area within USPharma
- Serve as point of contact for the Pharmaceuticals eCommerce Tech stack service and delivery.
- Define, document, agree, monitor, measure, report and review the level of Tech services provided.
- Ensure that the GSK Standard Processes are applied and adhered to including embedding and adopting standard ways of working in accordance with Quality Risk and Compliance policies.
- Responsible for identification and execution of service improvements that will lead to lower cost of ownership for US Pharma and work with vendors to minimize. Lead team in the elimination of support and maintenance costs associated with assets by decommissioning or consolidating similar products.
- Manage US Pharma Operations budget and deliver capital projects to approved PIPs.
- Agree (and deliver) product release strategy and content with US Pharma Tech Product Managers.
- Stand up new Tech Products and associated operational services against approved proposals driven by US Pharma Tech Product Managers.
- Set clear direction and objectives by defining and establishing team performance measures and standards which align to IPT. Manage individual staff PDPs and development.
- Develop team capabilities to adapt to agile ways of working. Embed Ux processes in delivery - ensure usability is front of mind in Tech Product development.
- The role will be responsible for the management and remediation of any audit or compliance findings per GSK standards (Sarbox, WADs, Security, GxP, etc) and execution of routine testing of agreed IT Continuity Plans.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in Computer or Information Science or equivalent experience
- Application Development, Application Operations, Systems Architecture, Agile Project Delivery, GxP Tech Product delivery
- B2B experience - solid track record and accomplishments in leadership and innovation of large eCommerce platforms
- Pharmaceutical Commercial model experience
- Utilization of data and analytics, usability analysis, VOC assessments, mobile application experiences, etc. to drive improvements and innovation
- Experience with Agile ways of working, Product ownership and Application support and development models
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Pharmaceutical B2B model
- Knowledge and experience working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma processes and tools. Understanding and experience of ITIL based service management practices.
- Mobile development experience
- Hybris/SAP experience
- Familiarity with vaccines selling model
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Focus on innovation and pushing the envelope to differentiate our products and services
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top