Director Data Strategy & Acquisition
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Feb 25 2021
Are you energized by a highly visible leadership role in Commercial Data that allows you to accelerate business decisions across US Pharmaceuticals? If so, this Director of Data Strategy and Acquisition role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
In the role of Director Data Strategy and Acquisition, you will lead a team whose remit it is to understand business objectives, then propose and implement a disciplined approach to purchase and acquire the right data as needed resulting in business advantage for GSK US Commercial (Respiratory, Vaccines, Specialty business units and Payer Marketing). Important internal stakeholders include Commercial Insight and Analytics, Product Brands and Sales.
This role will provide/gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Sets a clear vision within the team and across matrix partners relative to US Commercial data strategy
- Creates and maintains an ongoing feedback loop to gauge stakeholders' level of satisfaction on data strategy & acquisition and ensures appropriate solutions are implemented to enhance satisfaction aligned to overall data strategy
- Remove obstacles, escalate issues and gain organizational support
- Build data strategy & acquisition capability models
- Provide leadership for the team and agree expectations on deliverables, activities and ways of working with internal/external stakeholders
- Coach and provide guidance toward achievement of team's deliverables
- Ensure a disciplined approach to acquire the data in scope based on business need
- Ensure alignment of data strategy with the business prior to purchase/implementation
- Ensure proper documentation of data strategy include business objectives, business hypothesis, data specifications and ROI assessment
- Creates and maintains an ongoing feedback loop to validate previous hypothesis after data is used
- Make certain that data is acquired accurately, compliantly and efficiently
- Ensure team collaboration with Data Quality, Data Governance, Procurement and Finance
- Accountable for budget management
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in business or science
- 10 years of experience in data strategy and data acquisition including a minimum of 2 years U.S. Pharmaceutical commercial data experience
- Experience in secondary data types and their use in pharma (Patient Level Longitudinal Data, Specialty Pharmacy Data)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's Degree in business or science
- Maintains up to date knowledge of latest data trends/events/new offerings in the market place
- Knowledge of Lab and Biomarker data
- Experience with large scale data purchases and partnership negotiation
- Strong logic/reasoning and attention to detail: able to critique data strategy business case
- Process driven: systemic problem solving
- Customer oriented: strong customer service with speed & rigor
- Direct team and cross matrix leadership
- Excellent communication skills
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top