Director Consumer Architecture & Integration
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Dec 12 2019
GSK Consumer Health has ambition to be the world's leading pure play Consumer Healthcare company. The relationship between wellness and technology is deepening as a digitally native generation look for new ways to empower themselves and their wellbeing.
To win in this dynamic marketplace, we must serve the needs of our consumers in our local markets better than the competition. We have a fantastic opportunity to improve the scale of our global brands, building consistent global brand equities and strong global share positions. On both our local and global brands, we need to build highly locally relevant, consumer centric brand programmed and act on relevant opportunities as they arise, for first mover advantage. The fast-paced world translates into consumers demanding market specific products that reflect local requirements.
The Consumer & Customer Tech Enablement Product Family is focused on creating products that will drive growth for Consumer Healthcare brands and categories across the globe, and this role will be responsible for leading, creating and delivering the product for value to the "consumer persona".
The Consumer Architecture and Integration is responsible for why, when and what of suite of products to be delivered, leading their teams to deliver the best possible, highest quality, products that users will love using and deliver clear business value.
The products will be across:Content & Commerce and will include Digital Asset Management, Product Information Systems and Technical Frameworks that go along with them.
This role will provide/gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Technical Architecture: Related to the tech platform / stack piece, we would look for the ideal candidate to assist in CMS Architecture, Solutions to assist DtC initiatives and Integration patterns that will give this platform the best chance to succeed in the commercial environment and ensure that we can continue to leverage and scale the tech stack for additional and future initiatives.
- Forward Looking: Additional responsibilities include evaluating and recommending emerging technologies and standards. Keep abreast of industry developments in analytics and be able to interpret how these would impactservices and present new opportunities.
We also envision this architect to work closely with the enterprise GSK platforms team on architecture and platform provisioning activities.
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company in the Commercial Business & in the digital business including product development and new product introduction.This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience, with weighting on experience and proven track record preferred.
- 5-8 years as an architect (platform,solutions) with demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
- Experience working in Agile Product Teams and conversant with Agile Methodologies and practices.
- Extremely Proficient and performed a role as an Architect using Adobe AEM or similar Content Management Systems.
- Good Knowledge of Digital Asset Management and PIM systems.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in technology architecture of consumer persona, around content & commerce, media tech, and consumer relations .
- Architect Certifications on AEM, Open Text etc. will be a plus.
- Prior experience with DtC platforms like Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Big Commerce, Shopify or SAP Hybris is a plus.
- Knowledge of Integration Platforms and Middleware Technologies like Mulesoft, TIBCO etc will be preferred.
- Understanding Security and Data Privacy Standards and Designs.
- Knowledge of Retail Ecosystem and Integrations to various channels and Thirdparty Integrations like CRM, Loyalty, Coupons etc.
- Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
- Excellent written, diagrammatic and verbal communication skills.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritization, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top