Director, Commercial Operations, Global Oncology Cell Therapy
- Kriens, Switzerland
Site Name: Home Worker - USA, Switzerland - Zug, UK - London - Brentford, USA - Massachusetts - Waltham, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Aug 7 2020
Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fuelled by a personal passion to develop and deliver innovative medicines to patients. Cancer continues to be a core area of intensive focus at GSK, and while much progress has been made in the past few years, more can be done to redefine expectations in cancer care.
Are you looking for a challenging commercial role that allows you to drive operational launch readiness through the design and build of the operational model for cell therapy assets at GSK? If so, this Director, Cell Therapy Launch Operations role could be an exciting opportunity to consider.
Cell therapies will forever change the face of cancer care. GSK has a long history as a leader in cell therapy, starting with the launch of STRIMVELIS and the development of other cell therapies for rare diseases. GSK is now focused on leading the expansion of cell therapies in oncology to patients across solid tumors with GSK3377794 (GSK'794), an autologus TCR T-cell therapy targeting NY-ESO, as the lead effort. GSK'794 has shown promising results in subtypes of soft tissue sarcoma, is under active exploration in NSCLC and Multiple Myeloma, and has potential in a number of other solid tumors.
As a the Director for Cell Therapies Launch Operations you will Work with Sr Director Cell Therapy Operations to design and build a global commercial operational model that enables cell therapy treatment across global sites of care for launch asset as well as a cell therapy portfolio. This will be the first of its kind at GSK. You will lead various customer insight activities to best inform the design of the operational model to enable vein to vein process including case coordination, order management, shipping logistics, scheduling of apheresis and manufacturing slots, chain of identity, order to cash, patient reimbursement support, billing support, and education.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Work across the matrix and with suppliers to build a launch cell therapy operational model playbook
- Build customer support program that optimizes overall customer experience including serving as day to day lead on the program and management of suppliers.
- Develop and build change management of business processes, SOPs, and ways of working to support the operational model.
- Lead assessment and integration with other customer support offerings at GSK (ex: current call centers, websites, portals)
- Collaborate with owners of clinical trial process to identify adjustment opportunities that enable solutions that are commercially scalable.
- Work with R&D and Commercial IT teams to anticipate data needs in a commercial setting and inform system design blueprint.
- Effectively collaborate with various commercial functions (global and local), clinical, and manufacturing/supply chain teams:
- Field commercial roles, Marketing, Market Access, Clinical Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality assurance, IT, Medical Affairs, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Contracting
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors' degree in business, marketing, or science
- 5+ years of work experience in healthcare industry.
- At least 1 year work experience in specialty healthcare area and/or rare diseases.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Previous experience in ordering and supply chain of products and/or services in specialty healthcare
- Familiarity and knowledge of IT applications used for customer support and ordering processes.
- Experience in designing, building, and implementing a customer support program from start to finish, including managing external vendor partners involved.
- Ability to work and navigate in a start up environment
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Act with integrity and do the right thing - no exception, and challenge when something looks or feels wrong Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution
- Periodically seeks feedback and is constantly learning, ensuring that skills meet changing business needs
- Welcome open discussion by inviting and encouraging diverse ideas, styles and perspectives
- Orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top