Site Name: Japan - Tokyo - Akasaka
Posted Date: Aug 16 2021
* his position's job title has changed from "Tech Marketing Project Manager" to "Digital & Tech Manager."
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities
Pharma Tech Japan has established "Tech Road Map" which shows what we must accomplish in next several years. There are number of challenges in our Road Map, and we need to bring new ideas or diverse viewpoints to make it succeed. We, therefore, strongly require new talent to enable the Road Map.
You will work as a business partnering manager mainly for Marketing, Commercial Excellence, HR and Finance. This role has accountability of:
1) Strengthening partnership with people in above departments
2) Finding/recognizing potential business problems with properly understanding background "why"
3) Proposing solutions/options with budget management and P/L consideration
4) Managing Global Tech's development (English oral communication is mandatory required.)
5) Deliver system in delivery date and quality with which business stakeholders agree.
6) Transferring the system to a support team
You are expected to have potential capability to become a line manager in the future. You need to prove it by gaining trust from stakeholders. In nutshell, you need to make success in spite of tough/challenging circumstances.
Here are key areas from our Road Map to which you are expected to contribute:
GSK will have new innovative products, for instance, in Oncology space. You are expected to join in early phase of product launch and propose good solutions from Tech point of view. You would also need to co-work with R&D Tech, which eventually shall need your holistic viewpoint beyond Pharma Tech area.
DD&A is one of the spaces where Tech is much capable of contributing (required, too). You should propose appropriate ideas by clearly understanding product life cycle; e.g. Category 1/2/3. In particular, DDM (Data Driven Marketing) and NBA (Next Best Action) are regarded as keys to drive better performance. You are expected to deliver these new features successfully - you need co-work with local business stakeholders as well as global team, and eventually you must consider what the best option is both for GSK Japan's performance and GSK global's long term strategy.
You also will lead IT project for Future Ready. You must demonstrate strong leadership to re-build back office systems with QCD satisfied. Simultaneously you are expected to find an opportunity of further digital transformation to "make it easier" in back office operation.
You must demonstrate GSK's Value & Expectation. You also always keep in mind "Do more, feel better, live longer". There are plenty of spaces where Tech should consider compliance in order to keep Trust. You must have enough knowledge of security and legal matter (e.g. privacy).
GSK Tech is transforming to new way of working, Value/Flow/Quality (VFQ) which is based on agile methodology. You must understand this to the level to teach people it.
As the company changes, you should always develop yourself. You must be eager to absorb new business methodology as well as cutting edge technology.
Required Skill, Experience, Etc.
- Agile methodology such as SCRUM
- Strong leadership
- Stakeholder management
- Project management
- IT project by agile methodology
- Working in multinational culture
- IT qualification such as Fundamental Information Technology Engineer Examination or equivalent one.
- Fluent English and Japanese communication (Oral and written)
- Bachelor's degree
- Finance/Legal Knowledge
- Working experience at System Integrator/IT vendor/global IT organization of major corporation
- Hands-on programming work (whatever language)
- Living experience in English speaking country to study or work
- Solid experience of automation and optimization, leveraging multiple technologies such as AI, Analytics, Chatbot, RPA and SFDC.
- Degree of Information Engineering or Marketing
- Qualification related to agile methodology e.g. SCRUM master
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.