Digital Experience Architect
- Research Triangle Park, NC
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
Posted Date: Jul 15 2020
The level of digital disruption in healthcare and pharmaceuticals is evolving rapidly. Technologies are converging to drive new digital customer experiences powered by data and analytics driven insights. Given how critical digital is to the future of our pharmaceuticals business, at GSK we have created a new role of Digital Experience Architect within Digital, Data & Analytics (DDA) US Pharma Technology (USP Tech) organization, that will focus on enabling digital customer experiences by leveraging relevant technology stacks with key focus on driving key business outcomes. This role is for technologist who will collaborate with technical and business teams on multitude of digital products & technology stacks to deliver flawless customer experience.
The role will be primarily focused on the US Pharma business, a $13 billion biopharma enterprise comprised of over 3,500 employees that generates over 40% of GSK's global revenue. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a critical growth area and deliver meaningful strategic impact.
You will bring to bear your hands-on knowledge of marketing technologies, digital capabilities & designing solutions to deliver best customer experience to our target audiences. You will play a pivotal role in enabling best in class customer experience by leveraging relevant marketing technologies/platforms and partnering with local & global stakeholders to enable key digital tactics & capabilities. You will be responsible for working seamlessly across business and technology organizations (locally & globally), providing sound technical analysis, development and change enablement within an Agile framework.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Collaborate with senior leader team to develop and maintain the digital experience technology strategy
- Enable best in class customer experience by leveraging modern technical solutions in our current technology stack (such as Adobe Marketing Cloud, Tealium, Azure...)
- Stay apprised of new and emerging technologies and provide technical strategy, direction and offer creative solutions. Drive towards effective utilization of the latest technologies, partnering with business stakeholders across teams, as well as experts in other areas including data & analytics
- Work collaboratively across the teams with all roles to recommend solutions, resolve delivery challenges and resolve technical issues
- Define technology solution for short, medium and long term benefit. Define target architectures for the business process area that translate and implement Product strategies as aligned to digital goals/objectives. Target architectures include, but are not limited to :
- Business process to system mapping,
- Information/data flow design,
- Application integration selection/design,
- Interim architectures and steps to achieve target state
- Scoping, planning and gaining approval/consensus across business and technical stakeholders
- Develop, advocate and coach teams on modern digital architecture patterns, standardization and flexible architecture. Serve as digital experience solution expert and consultant on how digital platforms can be applied to marketing strategies to enable & evolve best in class customer journeys/experiences
- Develop, maintain and manage digital application & technology strategies including identification of gaps, risks and mitigation approaches
- Provide oversight and governance during the demand backlog review, selection, scoping, approval and execution stages. Partner closely with local and global product and engineering teams to drive initiatives with one team spirit
- Provide architecture leadership in support of service delivery and lifecycle management, to optimize Digital Product portfolio and ensure that systems/applications continue to operate and evolve in line with the requirements of business needs, the wider tech environment and key standards
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Graduate or Master's Degree in Computer or Information Sciences. 7+ years of experience working in a top-tier consulting or technology organization. 3+ years in leading digital experience architecture for external customer facing digital products
- Experience & knowledge with Adobe Experience Cloud solutions - Adobe Target, AEM, Adobe Campaign, Analytics, Audience Manage. Preferably certified in Adobe suite of products within Adobe Experience Cloud. Experience in Tealium stack.
- Expertise in the following languages, technologies & platforms: HTML, HTML5, Java Script, WCM, REST, Web analytics, content targeting & content as service models, microservices.
- Experience & knowledge with Digital Marketing & Analytics.
- Excellent understanding of current and evolving digital trends using the latest coding techniques.
- Experience designing technical custom solutions & integrations.
- Provide perspective & direction to development teams, peers and leaders on digital experiences, technical strategies, architecture, tools, technology and processes.
- Balance of business & technical acumen, including ability to articulate high level technical solutions to business problems and tie solutions to program success criteria.
- Experience authoring technical documents and architecture including data, application and technology across multiple teams.
- Truly hybrid individual morphed by digital marketing & technical skills/expertise who has passion for learning new technologies.
- Has worked in pharmaceutical industry and has good understanding of digital landscape & processes within commercial organization in the vertical.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top