DevOps Tech Lead Manager
- Poznań, Poland
We are open on candidates without people management experience. If you are Salesforce expert and you are looking for further development into high level People Manager role, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Poznan Tech Hub is GSK worldwide biggest IT center hiring about 700 highly-skilled IT professionals. We are part of GSK, which aspires to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. At Poznan Tech Hub we build a truly international team which provides services to all GSK locations around the world. Our talented IT experts have a unique opportunity to contribute to the entire product life cycle from research and development, through manufacturing, to commercialization and support salesforce of new vaccines, medicines and healthcare products.
It is a great time to join GSK Tech Hub in Poznan.We value courage, accountability, development and teamwork. You will be encouraged to experiment and collaborate across teams to bring innovation to our every day job. We are open to candidates with various levels of experience - whether you are a seasoned specialist with deep expertise or a graduate looking to kick start your career. Help us to lead in Technology to improve lives of patients and consumers around the world.
Consumer Relations Tech is a team that creates and owns technology that brings GSK and consumers together. A) We enable dialogue that solves our consumers' product related questions. B) We provide technology that helps the expert teams collaborate to ensure consumers use our product safely. C) We capture the voice of 1.2 million consumers per year that helps GSK to understand their needs better.
See how manager talks about this position:
If you have Salesforce experience, this role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
1) Technical leadership:
- Accountable for all engineering activities of the team reporting to you and related to the delivery and support of enterprise standard solution and features.
- Provision of hands on technical leadership to the team to ensure they are building the right thing while increasing team throughput and reducing cycle times.
- Overall responsibility for technical design, build and support of the service cloud product which includes but not limited to: high performance, reusable and reliable Apex / Java code in line with industry best practices; reusable integration services using industry standard protocols and patterns (XML, JSON, etc.); technical design and development of custom objects, custom fields, picklists, page layouts, workflow etc.
- Collaborate closely with the Product Manager and Platform Architect to provide early input and validate technical feasibility of proposed solutions and improve upon process
- Provide Senior Leaders with proactive recommendations to improve the business performance and identify growth opportunities
- Line management responsibility of the DevOps team consisting of 7 permanent team members and 6 contingent workers
- Manage the team to ensure optimal delivery and ensure the correct resource is in place to meet demand
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure they are building the correct technical and non-technical skills to be successful within a high performing team
3) DevOps transformation lead:
- Championing the mindset of DevOps within the team for ensuring that both culture and practices of DevOps are implemented within our team to deliver continued improvements in both development and support processes across the team which aims to bring benefits such as: Faster Time to Market, Faster ROI, Predictable Release Cadence, Optimized Delivery Times, Cost Optimization, Waste Elimination and Risk Reduction
- Working with the Product Managers, Scrum Master and Agile Coach to help embed DevOps culture
- Responsibility for identifying opportunities to automate non-value added and recurring activities and identifying long-term options such as self-service
- Advocating and Embedding DevOps engineering concepts and practices such as Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Lean Architecture and Design, Refactoring, Code Review, Code Quality and Automated Testing (TDD, BDD, ATDD), Branching Strategy, Continuous Monitoring
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Self-motivated to experiment with new technology to continuously challenge the norm
- Ability to find creative technical solutions to complex business problems
- Exposure to Agile software development and ITIL Operations and Good understanding of agile methods and frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban
- Solutioning experience in Salesforce Service Cloud (certified administrator, certified developer)
- Relevant IT experience (developer, technical lead, development lead, engineering lead or similar)
- Business Level English Language (both oral and written), able to communicate effectively in English to convey complex technical information to regional/global partners
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Have led an environment undergoing a shift to DevOps
- Experience as IT DevOps lead
- Experience of having Implemented CI / CD tools such as GitHub, Bamboo and Jenkins, Including the build of pipelines.
- Experience in Systems Administration and/or Systems customization preferably in MS Azure and Power BI
- Experience working with GxP validated tech products
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Long term incentives
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company's structure
- Personalised learning approach (mentoring, online trainings' platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday.
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top