DevOps Tech Lead Manager
- Poznań, Poland
Site Name: Poznan Business Garden
Posted Date: Oct 12 2020
We are a team of IT experts, who provide excellent services for GSK sites worldwide on a daily basis. As a part of a global healthcare company, we work in a multinational environment, support around 100 000 GSK employees and over 20 000 systems in the entire company. At present, at our officein Poznan, we employ about 700 highly-skilled professionals.
Main competencies covered by GSK IT are: Cyber Security, R&D (Labware, eTrack, Argus, Documentum), CRM applications, Mobile Applications, Manufacturing Engineering Systems, BI, Artwork and Packaging Systems, Laboratory Execution Systems (LIMS), Adobe AEM, Veeva, Salesforce, Digital Projects Delivery, AI, Knowledge Management, Hosting Infrastructure, Networks, Collaboration Tools and End-User Support.
Consumer Relations Tech is a team that is proud to inspire GSK to elevate our Consumer Experience to the next level. We create and own technology that brings GSK and consumers together:
- We enable a dialogue that solves our consumers' product related problems
- We provide technology that helps the expert teams collaborate to ensure consumers use our products safely
- We capture voice of our consumers that helps GSK CH to understand consumers better
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Responsible for all engineering activities relating to our CRMS (Salesforce.com) platform within Consumer Healthcare, building enterprise standard solutions and features that deliver value to our Internal and external customers.
- Provision of hands-on technical leadership to the team to ensure they are "building and supporting things right" and that solutions are fit for purpose.
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure they are building the correct technical skills and softer skills to be successful within a DevOps environment.
- Advocating and Embedding DevOps engineering concepts and practices such as Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Lean Architecture and Design, Refactoring, Code Review, Code Quality and Automated Testing (TDD, BDD, ATDD), Branching Strategy, Continuous Monitoring.
- Enabling an end-to-end CI/CD pipeline by automating the building, testing, and deployment of applications for multiple lifecycle environments and variances
- Develop processes to both identify and capture key metrics that tell the story on trajectories of improvement and provide early insights into failures in culture and practice. Inspire and encourage teams to try new creative ways to reduce process overhead, increase test coverage and decrease their feedback-loop cycle time.
- Keeping up with industry best practices and trends on behalf of the DevOps department.
- Evangelizing the role of DevOps and Agile within the team to achieve business benefits including: Faster Time to Market, Faster ROI, Predictable Release Cadence, Optimized Delivery Times, Cost Optimization, Waste Elimination and Risk Reduction.
- Working with the Product Managers, Scrum Master and Agile Coach to help embed DevOps culture and product mindset.
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Business Level English Language (both oral and written), able to communicate effectively in English to convey complex technical information to regional/global partners
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science / Engineering
- 7+ years of IT experience(developer, technical lead, development lead or engineering lead), and 1+ years of experience as IT DevOps
- Knowledge and experience of having Implemented CI / CD tools such as GitHub, Bamboo and Jenkins, Including the build of pipelines
- Leading the DevOps transformation
- Exposure to Agile software development and ITIL Operations and Good understanding of agile methods and frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban
- Self-motivated to experiment with new technology to continuously challenge the norm
- Solutioning experience with enterprise SaaS platforms, including Power BI
- Experience in a complex enterprise application environment with integrations and customizations to support multiple business processes
- Experience delivering in agile methodologies and sprints
- Ability to find creative technical solutions to complex business problems
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in Systems Administration and/or Systems customization preferably in MS Azure and Power BI
- Experience in Salesforce Service Cloud (certified administrator, certified developer)
- Experience working with GxP validated tech products
- Experience in vendor management
- Strong customer service skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills with both highly technical and non-technical people
- Ability to communicate and present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to Influence others to achieve buy-in to proposed solutions / recommendations
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Company car or car allowance
- Long term incentives
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company's structure
- Personalised learning approach (mentoring, online trainings' platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top