This role owns the performance, operations, continuous improvement, and value delivery of an application or group of applications within a portfolio and manages the full lifecycle while in production.
This role delivers the execution of processes for the management of Incident, Problem, Requests, Backlog, and VFQ delivery for products within the PSC Tech Quality, Lab & EHSS portfolio. This requires a balance of business process understanding and technical breadth. The role has increased complexity of geographies, user bases (internal and external to GSK) and a large mix of technology and business process understanding.
In addition, this role will execute the strategies to simplify the operating environment, improve usability for our users, and drive the team towards the digital agenda for Quality, Labs, & EHSS.
• Will maintain and support a portfolio of products within Quality, Labs, & EHSS :
o Maintain, prioritize, and deliver the Product Backlog for applicable products
o Standard process around incident / change / problem mgmt.
• Ensures continuity of business execution through ensuring products are:
o Fit for purpose (e.g. easy to use and reliable) and support the evolving business processes
o Are cost effective - Total cost of ownership is at an optimal level
o Meets an agreed Risk Profile (e.g. aging of technologies, controlled regarding regulated applications, aligned with business continuity).
• Provides the linkage of technology and business process understanding to quickly restore service, including the creation of facile, creative workarounds, and permanent fixes, as necessary across multiple business critical processes and associated products, supporting large user populations, across multiple business units/geographies.
• Participates in troubleshooting in applications across multiple technology domains and business areas.
• Ensures accurate and easy processes are followed to ensure ongoing continuity of knowledge including:
o Application dependencies (across applications, hardware)
o How applications support the business process
o DevOps Process Designs (Service Design) and commitments, including how well the applications perform against the DevOps design
o Recommends improvements to these processes to simplify approach across all of Products
• Lead and champion continuous improvements that improve end-user experience (UX), increase value, and reduce risk of the overall business process/products on an ongoing basis.
• Carries out work with minimal supervision balancing conflicting priorities and needs.
• Need - Compliance GxP (Data Integrity) Audit Readiness, Risk Mgmt.
You are a passionate DevOps Specialist with the following attributes:
• Degree in computer science or science related field.
• Experience technically hands-on with Empower Chromatography Data Software (CDS) and/or NuGenesis Scientific Data Management System is preferred.
• Good communications and influencing skills
• Knowledge of GSK and ITIL Support Processes
• Experience with DevOps principles and delivery, Agile ways of working (VFQ) application management, operations/support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem and Change Management
• Good understanding of business area strategic goals, processes and workflow, and of the Tech tools deployed in support.
• Is familiar with the concepts, platforms technology infrastructure, tools, processes, procedures, for delivery value using DevOps and Agile methodologies.
• Ability to make appropriate technical decisions, initiating action to resolve operational issues and evolve products across lifecycle
• Experience of working closely with business on Tech-enabled transformations
• Understanding of components of the Enterprise Architecture and Platforms & ability to identify innovative ways to leverage add value to GSK
• Experience of designing multi-tier systems using cloud hosted platforms and architecture
• Experience of product/software development methodologies & ability to select appropriate one to meet objectives. Emphasis on Agile methodologies
• Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and tech independently and quickly
• Skilled at problem solving, communication with stakeholders at all levels.
• Embraces & fosters challenges & opportunities for innovation
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its 'Change the World list' which recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
There are many other roles available within GSK, including in finance, human resources, legal, IT, procurement, communications and core business services. They provide the partnership, strategic counsel and support services the business units need to operate efficiently and effectively. This enables them to focus on developing, manufacturing and delivering medicines, vaccines and products to the patients and consumers who need them.
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top