Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Feb 2 2021
DevOps Manager - Salesforce.com
Are you excited about Consumers and Consumer Engagement? Do you want to be part of the world's largest Consumer Healthcare organisation that helps millions of people to do more, feel better and live longer with numerous over the counter brands such as Zentrum, Sensodyne, Panadol, Voltaren and others? Do you want to join and lead the team who is proud to inspire GSK to elevate the Consumer Experience to the next level? Are you an Engineering Lead with in-depth salesforce.com experience and growth mindset?
Who are we?
Consumer Relations Tech is a team that creates and owns technology that brings GSK and consumers together:
- We enable a dialogue that solves our consumers' product related problems
- We provide technology that helps the expert teams collaborate to ensure consumers use our products safely
- We capture the voice of our consumers that helps GSK Consumer Healthcare to understand their needs better
Are you the perfect candidate for this role?
- Are you a Tech Manager with the growth mindset?
- Are you inspired by continuous improvement?
- Are you energised by seeing the outcomes of leading the team and its transformation?
- Do you have Salesforce Service Cloud experience?
How you will spend your time as our DevOps Manager?
As an DevOps Manager - Consumer Relations Tech at GSK Consumer Healthcare, you will be responsible for all software engineering activities relating to our CRMS (Salesforce.com Service Cloud) platform within Consumer Healthcare. You will be accountable for building and supporting high quality enterprise standard solutions and features that deliver value to our consumers and internal customers, whilst maximising opportunities for automation to increase throughput of the team and reduce delivery cycle times.
In addition, you will be responsible within the Consumer Relations Tech team for ensuring that both culture and practices of DevOps are implemented within our team to deliver continued improvements in both development and support processes across the team.
Your role will consist of:
- Responsible for all engineering activities relating to our CRMS (Salesforce.com) platform within Consumer Healthcare, building enterprise standard solutions and features that deliver value to our Internal and external customers.
- Provision of hands-on technical leadership to the team to ensure they are "building and supporting things right" and that solutions are fit for purpose.
- Overall responsibility for the technical design, build and support of the CRMS product, which includes but not limited to:
- high-performance, reusable and reliable Apex / Java code in line with Industry best practices.
- re-usable Integration services using Industry standard protocols and patterns (XML, JSON, Webservices, HTTP/HTTPS and batch integration).
- technical design and development of custom objects, custom fields, picklists, page layouts, workflow, approval processes, validation rules, Visualforce pages, dashboards according to application requirements
- Collaborate closely with the Product Manager and Platform Architect to provide early input and validate technical feasibility of proposed solutions and improve upon process
- Provide Senior Leaders with proactive recommendations to improve the business performance and identify growth opportunities
- Line management responsibility of the DevOps team consisting of 7 permanent team members and 6 contingent workers
- Manage the team to ensure optimal delivery and ensure the correct resource is in place to meet demand
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure they are building the correct technical and non-technical skills to be successful within a high performing team.
- Championing the mindset of DevOps and Agile within the team to achieve business benefits including: Faster Time to Market, Faster ROI, Predictable Release Cadence, Optimized Delivery Times, Cost Optimization, Waste Elimination and Risk Reduction.
- Working with the Product Managers, Scrum Master and Agile Coach to help embed DevOps culture.
- Responsibility for identifying opportunities to automate non-value added and recurring activities and identifying long-term options such as self-service.
- Advocating and Embedding DevOps engineering concepts and practices such as Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Lean Architecture and Design, Refactoring, Code Review, Code Quality and Automated Testing (TDD, BDD, ATDD), Branching Strategy, Continuous Monitoring.
- Self-motivated to experiment with new technology to continuously challenge the norm
- Ability to find creative technical solutions to complex business problems
- Experienced lead and motivator of high performing team of developers and support.
- Exposure to Agile software development and ITIL Operations and Good understanding of agile methods and frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban.
- Solutioning experience in Salesforce Service Cloud (certified administrator, certified developer)
- Relevant IT experience (developer, technical lead, development lead or engineering lead),
- Business Level English Language
- Have led an environment undergoing a shift to DevOps.
- Experience as IT DevOps lead
- Experience of having Implemented CI / CD tools such as GitHub, Bamboo and Jenkins, Including the build of pipelines.
- Experience in Systems Administration and/or Systems customization preferably in MS Azure and Power BI
- Experience working with GxP validated tech products.
- Experience in vendor management.
- Strong customer service skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills with both highly technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to communicate and present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to Influence others to achieve buy-in to proposed solutions / recommendations.
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers10
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.