Development Scientist, US Wellness and Lip Care
- Richmond, VA
Site Name: Richmond Sherwood
Posted Date: Jul 23 2020
The Development Scientist supports new product development by developing formulations and products at all stages of the development process, for the Emergen-C and ChapStick brands. This individual will have various levels of involvement in the development of conventional and non-conventional solid, semi-solid, liquid, and other formulations.
- Manages or contributes to one or more projects in support of Brand Innovation strategy. Exercises a wide degree of technical sophistication in accomplishing assigned objectives.
- Designs experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of state-of-the-art technology. Creates research plans to fit overall project objectives.
- Ensures all work is conducted in accordance with written procedures (e.g. quality and safety), methods & batch documents, etc.
- Identify, challenge, develop and implement written procedures (e.g. quality and safety)
- methods & batch documents, etc.
- Produces or contributes to, departmental quality documentation (including SOP's, batch documentation, validation protocols & reports).
- Specific safety and quality responsibilities for department and site (e.g. GMP, Audits, Health & Safety).
- Deliver all EHS standards and expectations on site and within the laboratories
- Works with Outsourcing Leader and/or Senior Development Scientists and contractors
- facilitate completion of outsourced support activity
- Maintains awareness of scientific literature to assist work progression and understanding.
- Highlights own training needs and working with manager develop a training plan and achieve training goals.
- Trains self and others in new technology and laboratory responsibilities (including coaching, mentoring and elements of personal development).
- Develops knowledge of regulations impacting areas of work (e.g. EP/USP/ICH)
Consumer and Customer-Obsessed
- Participate in consumer engagement research to understand the category and needs
- Work with Consumer Understanding and Sensory scientists to development consumer-developed innovation
- Maintains precise experimental records; issues report at project milestones; writes invention records to protect scientific discoveries.
- Ensures all work is always conducted following good scientific practice and Good Manufacturing Practice (where required).
- Sets and resets priorities to remain focused on objectives in rapidly changing circumstances.
- Takes responsibility for specific equipment in accordance with site procedures.
- Participates in general problem solving or lead problem solving initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree degree in Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Nutritional or related science
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top