Demand Planner Netherlands - 1 year contract
Site Name: Zeist
Posted Date: Jan 8 2020
As a Demand Planner, you will convert commercial plans and market intelligence into a solid demand plan for all standard/promotional activities and customized products while achieving high demand planning KPI's, driving accuracy in long term planning and focus on cost efficiencies.
You will drive the demand planning activities across all channels/accounts in the Netherlands in cooperation with commercial, finance and wider supply organisations. You will develop high accuracy long term forecast, drive the core commercial cycle (S&OP). You will continuously seek performance improvement in planning processes and improving maintaining the related KPI metrics. You will also participate in cross functional projects across the wider business area.
- Drive/own end to end demand planning for nominated channels/accounts across all consumer healthcare categories to improve customer service levels and to reduce end supply chain costs and working capital.
- Contribute/ lead market core commercial cycle meetings. (Sales and operations planning)
- Manage internal measurement and reporting of demand planning KPI's to drive improvement initiatives.
- Build a consensus driven demand forecast with commercial teams ensuring full volume and value alignment.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of all components of the demand forecast like:
- Statistical baseline.
- Promotion and repacking uplifts and cannibalization effects.
- Sales and market intelligence.
- New product introductions.
- Consumption, stock in trade and market date.
- Manage an effective product lifecycle management process:
- Maintain product status from pro-launch to obsolete.
- Proactively manage activities to clear residual and slow-moving stocks with commercial teams.
- Interpret the key trends impacting individual channel/account performance
- Provide expert input into the key market core commercial cycle meetings
- Own and improve market forecast accuracy, forecast bias and forecast completeness KPI's.
- Complete full root cause analyses and build mitigation plans for key issues impacting performance
- Work with Sales and Commercial teams to ensure promotional activities and new product launch pipeline are fully reflected in the forecast
- Integrate customer inputs and insights from market data to the demand forecast
- Working effectively with peers and managers in the commercial and supply organization.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Work experience for 2 years within demand planning activities
- Experience of driving improvement projects, individually or in bigger project teams
- Experience from SAP and APO planning.
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to manage complex data and processes
- Exceptional analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Human Skills: Able to manage multiple tasks. High level of accuracy. Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening skills. Continuous improvement mindset.
- Language: Dutch, English.
- Professional Competencies: strong sales & service focus, good sense for quality and
- business requirements, self-managed, fast and action oriented.
- Ability to follow and be adherent to processes
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Statistical Forecasting experience
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Consumer Healthcare- Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral Health, Pain Relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/Gastro-intestinal and Skin Health categories.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top