Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Sep 16 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution.
By disrupting our approaches to R&D and commercial business processes, D&A is allowing us to integrate, simplify and unlock all our data to drive innovation, decision making and enable our transformation in servicing our patients, healthcare professionals and consumers.
YOU will have these avenues to showcase your skills.
- Promote DataOps approach to the Data/Data science delivery process to automate the provision of data, testing and monitoring and to shorten development cycles and increase deployment frequency to quickly meet the data analytics needs of the business
- Collaborate with architects and create and build optimal data pipeline architecture for the data solutions including data science products
- Ensure the data pipelines are scalable and performant as well as creating and maintaining service to connect data products
- Development : Hands on, sleeves up development to conduct Proof of concepts where required to enable DataOps methodologies. Automating data provisioning activities etc.
- Operations : Ensure DataOps and automation initiatives are implemented considering operations requirements and the solutions deployed in production are fit for purpose and ease operational activities
- Methodology : Incorporate agile ways of working into the delivery process thru use of DABL (Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Launch) framework to show value periodically. Individuals will work as part of product-centric operations team(s) that will focus on delivering value independently while fully embracing integrated DevOps approaches.
- Partnering : Collaborate with Architects, Devops engineers, Data scientists, Data analyst, Ops team, product vendor (where required) and drive them towards a common data ops framework for continual delivery and quality attainment
- Forward looking : Remain flexible towards technology approaches to ensure that the best advantage is being taken of new technologies. Keep abreast of industry developments in data analytics and be able to interpret how these would impact services and present new opportunities.
- Quality , Risk & Compliance: Ensure GSK Quality and compliance standards are met whilst defining and implementing DataOps approach. Any potential risks are logged in program risk log and mitigated as per GSK processes
- Experience as a DataOps engineer in the Data & Analytics arena with demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience, with weighting on experience and proven track record preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment around Data & Analytics.
- Fully conversant with agile and DataOps service and support methodologies and concepts. Must have worked in CICD ways of working using tools like Azure DevOps.
- Must be instrumental and setting up standards, processes and standard methodologies for establishing and growing the data analytics products
- Be familiar with working in cloud environments in particular Azure. GCP and AWS are added advantage
- Knowledge on Azure infrastructure services like Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS), containers etc to leverage auto scale functionalities for high availability data solutions delivery
- Understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and methods.
- Experience with following tools and technologies Azure Data Factory/Data Bricks/Azure Data Lake/Azure DW/Analysis Services.
- Experience of the Azure analytics components, Power BI, Power Apps & Microsoft Visual Studio is desirable.
- Excellent development skills & extensive hand-on development & coding experience in a variety of languages, e.g. C#, Python, SQL, DAX, etc.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.