Data Scientist - Clinical Supply Chain
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Ware RD, USA - North Carolina - Zebulon, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Nov 4 2020
GSK Pharma R&D is seeking innovative leaders to help improve the global clinical supply chain through advanced data analytics. These individuals will apply their technical and leadership skills to improve overall clinical supply chain delivery performance to patients, identify opportunities to eliminate waste in the supply chain, and identify hidden risks in the supply chain. These individuals will also need to lead and educate business users on data analytics best practice to drive performance improvement.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Analyze disparate data sources, producing insights to uncover opportunities
- Quickly create tactical solutions for pilots/POC's to verify value and develop strong business cases
- Assist clinical supply chain teams with process mapping, data extraction/modeling/visualization for quality investigation and robustness improvement initiatives
- Develop value-based proposals suitable for senior stakeholders
- Develop project plans with flexibility to account for variable business resource availability
- Develop strong relationships with key functional stakeholders
- Clearly document technical and business requirements from stakeholders using Agile methods
- Develop solution designs and manage technical change control projects
- Manage automated data extractions and intermediate transformation platforms
- Effectively work with IT professionals to deliver industrialized analytic solutions
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, or Engineering.
- Five (5) years of experience in a relevant business environment, including three (3) years of experience developing complex data models & visualizations.
- Experience and comprehensive understanding of data collection, transformation and presentation processes.
- >3 years experience with data transformation tools.
- >3 years experience with data visualization tools.
- Experience with application design, testing and deployment
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, Java, SQL, MATLAB, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience using data visualization tools (eg Spotfire, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, etc)
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Advanced degree from an accredited institution in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, or Engineering.
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with pharmaceutical clinical supply chain
- Experience with GxP regulations
- Experience with developing solutions following a defined Software Development Life Cycle
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top