Data Science Leader
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Feb 24 2020
Do you want to be part of creating a best-in-class data & analytics team that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, and processes? Do you want to lead the analytics and data science capabilities across sales and marketing to drive performance? If yes, the Commercial Data Science Leader role is for you.
As a GSK Global Commercial Data Scientist, you will lead and collaborate with others in GSK in discovery, development, scaling code based statically modeling, machine learning or artificial intelligence capabilities to be leveraged by global business units and local markets. The primary focus of your efforts will be on streamline strategic decision information, uncover new opportunities and automate the commercial execution ensure last mile value.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Partner with leaders from across the business to translate the company's business objectives, market opportunities & portfolio of offerings into a formal, cohesive global commercial strategy
- Apply a broad array of analytics skills including machine learning, statistics, text-mining/NLP, and modeling to extract insights from structured and unstructured data sources and complementary real-world & digital information streams to business challenges
- Developing and evolving core commercial models used across all analytics packages. Examples of the models will be: Multi-Channel Analytics, Patient Pathways, Omni-Channel Segmentation, Territory Design, Customer Targeting, Attribution Modeling, & Predictive Commercial Mix
- Design data test and learn experiments to drive personalized solutions across the customer journeys addressing key customer needs as well as enabling personalized experiences across each touch points through connective analytics
- Collaborate across business to prototype, launch and Iterate analytics capabilities that quickly scale globally
- Lead the development and implementation measurement planning aligning to strategy
- Lead the collaborate with local and global teams to ensure data driven decisions are embedded into business process.
- Automate analytics models and simplify information management
- Consult with markets, regions, and leadership on defining the business questions to apply to be answered with analytic and then pulled through for measured value.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 - 10 years of hands on experience using Apache Spark, Python, R, SQL and Data Visualization tools
- Experience or understanding of end to end software tool/solution development and life cycle management
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree
- Ability to simplify the complex with a product development mindset
- Formalizing problems
- Story telling
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Applied digital marketing, sales, or customer analytics
- Knowledge of the data landscape in healthcare (EHR, claims data, real world data, HEOR data)
- Experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, or consulting
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and focused on delivering value quickly
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top