Data Science - Future Leaders Program, US - 2021
- King of Prussia, PA
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville, USA - Pennsylvania - King of Prussia
Posted Date: Sep 10 2020
Exciting minds with our Future Leaders Graduate Program - Data Science
Education required: BS, MS or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Math, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2021
Other requirements: Location mobility and willingness to relocate domestically
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in your native language and English
Start date: September 2021
*You can apply to only one Future Leaders Graduate Program in the U.S.
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Want to solve some of the world's biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we're a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We're looking for Data Analytics leaders of the future
Are you a highly capable graduate ready to utilize your skills and knowledge (coupled with the latest technology and processes) to help us deliver billions of packs of medicines to our patients every year? If so, there's no limit to how far you can go with us - it's up to you to prove yourself.
Develop your career
Our Data Science Future Leaders Graduate Program will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You will receive a generous personal training budget and be supported by a technical mentor. You'll get to meet senior leaders and network with other graduates. You'll also improve your technical skills while gaining valuable leadership expertise. It all adds up to a role that's designed to transform talented graduates into key, senior figures.
You'll have up to three stretching rotations within our Biopharm and Respiratory manufacturing sites. These rotations will provide you with the knowledge, technical capability and confidence to be highly successful in the position and beyond. During this time, you will have the opportunity to interact with other graduates for training and networking events. You will undertake a number of core training and personal development courses to quickly bring you up to speed with GSK values and expectations.
By joining the GSK Data Science Future Leaders Graduate Program, you will gain unique experience in the growing field of data science.
In your role you can expect to:
- Work on data analytics and machine learning projects; using your skills and knowledge to transform our business - from manufacturing lead times to cost of goods, from quality analysis to planning & scheduling - there are a wealth of opportunities to make a difference
- Interact with experts from across the Biopharm team and with commercial partners to evaluate and implement new data handling solutions
- Be a driving force in the cultural shift of using data science and machine learning to enhance the manufacture and delivery of pharmaceuticals
- Deliver high quality analyses and visualizations of data to expedite and inform strategic decision-making
- Implement innovative analytical and IT solutions that are capable of handling large multiparametric datasets
- Contribute and take a role in defining strategy and success in this area
- A relevant degree and be keen to learn
- The ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- To be a self-motivated and proactive graduate
- To be enthusiastic and driven to succeed
- To be a natural team worker
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- To be analytical and process driven with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and a gift for solving problems
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
Our Future Leaders Graduate Program is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don't have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the program have worked while studying or after graduation. If you've already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this program, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
- Competitive relocation policy for those who are eligible
- Opportunity for flexible working arrangements
Get to grips with our recruitment process
Watch a video and find tips on our website https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apply-now-for-our-future-leaders-graduate-programme/
You'll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
We have changed the way we recruit in light of the COVID-19 pandemic - you can learn more about how our practices have adapted here .
You can learn more about Inclusion and diversity at GSK here .
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top