Data Management Manager
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Oct 12 2020
Data Management Manager
GSK Consumer Healthcare (CH) is hiring a Data Management Manager who willsupport in designing, building and running of a Data Management function which will have end-to-end accountability for providing data management capabilities to CH.
Working for the Data Management Director, the Data Management Manager will lead a team to establish and implement a Data Management framework and setup the required organisational structure and practices to effectively manage ongoing operations. The DM Manager will interact cross-functionally with leaders and teams in all CH business functions and markets, partnering with a wide array of stakeholders to support data initiatives across CH. This position presents an opportunity to play an active role in building and running an important and strategic function which will be critical to GSK CH's continued success.
The Data Management Manager will be responsible for governing processes to ensure master and reference data will be actively managed within GSK CH and will work with the Data Management Director to oversee implementation of the strategy, processes, technology and teams to manage master data, reference data, metadata and data quality within the GSK CH Data organisation, working closely with the wider organisation to ensure the compliance with the established company and line of business data policies and procedures.
The Data Management Manager will develop and build data management capabilities, in line with the Data Management Strategy and will focus on continuous improvement of capabilities and efficiencies within the DM organisation.
As GSK CH moves towards becoming a truly data centric organisation, this is a high impact and high visibility role that requires strong communication and collaboration skills, an analytical approach, strong data management experience and the ability to engage stakeholders from all functions and regions across CH.
- Work with the Data Governance Director and key business stakeholders to establish a vision for how GSK CH will manage its master, reference and metadata assets.
- Actively contribute to the and Roadmap which will deliver on the vision to create and embed data management capabilities to ensure master data management, data stewardship, quality management, data cataloguing are established as a foundational pillars, ensuring the use of trusted high quality data across CH.
- Work with Data Management Director to implement a new Data Management operating model and org structure with the roles, responsibilities and processes that support all data management operations.
- Identify the skills required to implement and sustain data management practices and, where required, upskill or recruit new talent to build the team.
- Partner with Tech in order to configuration and implement technology solutions required to support the development of data management capabilities.
- Build measurable and actionable KPIs for the capabilities within data management to provide a transparent view of the data ecosystem. Continuously look for improvement opportunities.
- Work with Information Security and Data Privacy to define and build processes which ensure all necessary Data policies are understood and appropriate stewardship is in place to ensure compliance.
- Lead a data management team in order to deliver and run the Data Management capabilities for CH.
- Establish strong relationships with key leadership, business partners and functions with the goal of fostering a collaborative approach to developing, managing, and sustaining good data management practices and operations.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Demonstrable experience in delivering data management capabilities in complex organisations across multiple data domains
- Demonstrable experience in leading and implementing enterprise master data management, reference data management and metadata data management programmes
- This will include actively driving discovery and requirements gathering, business case development, technology options, implementation and on-going support & sustain operations in large scale, data heavy enterprises
- Experienced in master data, reference data and metadata management solutions; Well versed in data modelling, data architecture (cloud and on premises), data quality management, profiling, cataloguing and data lineage concepts and implementation.
- Experience in running BAU operations teams within data organisations providing data support and services. Experience in managing offshore teams.
- A proven track record of strong delivery and the ability to lead others
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Ability to engage and communicate across all levels of the organisation
Interested in Joining the Team? Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before the 25th October 2020 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Why GSK? At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top