Site Name: China - Shanghai - HuangPu District - The Headquarters Building
Posted Date: Nov 14 2019
Data Engineer/Analyst, China
Data Engineer/Analyst is accountable for delivering across the enterprise which includes both Consumer & Customer and Value Chain super personas. The functional areas include Supply Chain, R&D, Digital Marketing, Commercial Excellence etc., Initiatives will typically have multi market and regional scope and can run concurrently and draw on multiple delivery partners. You will work on items driven by business priorities and values to intake and make a step change in the data & analytics space to bring about deep analytical insights on data thereby supporting the business growth agenda.
You will be working on fully up to date technologies in the Data & Analytics environment and in a team, which is fully committed to remain at the leading edge of this skillset. Therefore, the impetus to keep improving skills and acquiring skillsets in new technologies will be very strong. If you are a top-flight developer who wants to continue to keep learning and remain at the cutting edge of the very fast-moving Data Analytics technology environment, then this role is for you.
This is very hands-on development role which includes developing & delivering code through from origin to production, plus working in partnership with 3rd party development service providers to help ensure that code comes in on time, to quality and in line with the overall ecosystem being established. The Data engineer will directly contribute to the extensive and varied build and deployment activities involved in establishing the new platform then continue to work on the already significant and growing pipeline of future build-outs on the platform.
As a Data Engineer/Analyst your role will include responsibilities for:
- Development : Hands on, sleeves up development and delivery expected as a matter of course. This is a hybrid "do-er" + 3rd party manager role as needed and you will be expected to be exceptional at both aspects. See below for expected % allocations.
- Delivery : Ensure project goals are achieved on time in alignment with the stakeholders' expectation. Ability to work on complex projects and in a distributed environment. Escalate to other Data & Analytics leadership team when needing support. Work in close collaboration with other team members in the CH BI Tech team, to ensure Development/Delivery aspects are well represented in the project's requirements and deliverables.
- Methodology : . Incorporate agile ways of working into the delivery process thru use of DABL (Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Launch) framework to show value periodically. Individuals will work as part of product-centric delivery team(s) that will focus on delivering value independently while fully embracing integrated DevOps approaches.
- Ownership : Take ownership for the delivery/development projects and help steer until completion.
- Partnering : Work when required with external and/or internal delivery agents to coordinate delivery.
- Governance : Follow governance that allows projects and stakeholders to manage overall project performance and manage programme risks within the global nature of some of the programmes.
- Reporting : Support the routine programme/ project reporting.
- Forward looking : Remain flexible towards technology approaches to ensure that the best advantage is being taken of new technologies. Keep abreast of industry developments in analytics and be able to interpret how these would impactservices and present new opportunities.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance : Ensure all risk and issues associated with owned projects are recorded and managed in the appropriate Risk & Issue logs in a timely manner. Ensure all Risks and Issues have clear action/mitigation/contingency plans defined, with named action owners and timelines for completion.
- Technical Architecture : Be conversant with technical architecture to contribute to design discussions in partnership with the Delivery/Development Director and dedicated Analytics & Data Architect.
As a rough guide, subject to the project being worked, expect 60 - 80% of the role to be technical development & delivery focused with the remainder being focused on management of 3rd party delivery/development resources.
The role is rare in that the scope for you to make an impact is very real and you will contribute directly to the significant business value which is already being leveraged from the emerging new platform. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience, with weighting on experience and proven track record preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment around Data & Analytics.
- Experience in technology of analytics and/or big data solutions and delivery/development of such solutions in a world-class innovative company.
- Fully conversant with big-data processing approaches and "schema-on-read" methodologies is a must and knowledge of Hadoop/Spark/DataBricks/Azure Data Lake/Analysis Services is needed.
- Experience of the Azure analytics components, Power BI, Power Apps & Microsoft Visual Studio is a must.
- Excellent development skills & extensive hand-on development & coding experience in a variety of languages, e.g. C#, Python, SQL, DAX, etc.
- Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with analytics in a healthcare or CPG company.
- Being conversant with and qualified in Data Science and Machine Learning approaches will put you at a significant advantage and position you well to deliver on the future pipeline of work.
- Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
- Experience as a senior Developer in the Data & Analytics arena with demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
- Track record in demonstrating successful execution of Data Analytics and BI programme in 2 or 3 functional areas viz., Sales /Commercial Excellence, Supply Chain, Marketing, R&D domain areas
- Fully conversant with agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts.
- Experience in executing Data Analytics projects in an Agile manner, articulation of Value depending on the project life cycle stage, Creating MVPs, developing plans for scale up are all very important experience to be successful in this role.
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate inherently complicated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
You will equip and enable the tech department to accelerate delivery speed and be positioned to respond to emergent extended & advanced requirements. You'll build the capability to directly create business value with a global and regional alignment, through innovation and intelligent & thoughtful application of new technologies. Deliver a compelling direct response to the Global Business Strategy objective for a "Step change in digital, data and analytics".
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GSK招聘团队只会使用 @gsk.com 后缀的邮箱与您联系。若您收到任何声称来自GSK邀请您面试或请您提供任何个人信息的邮件，我们建议您留意发件人的邮箱地址，并谨慎回复。若您不确定您所收到的邮件是否来自GSK，请您通过chk.email@example.com联系我们。
Back to top