- Bangalore, India
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Sep 23 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution. By disrupting our approaches to R&D and commercial business processes, D&A is allowing us to integrate, simplify and unlock all our data to drive innovation, decision making and enable our transformation in servicing our patients, healthcare professionals and consumers.
If you are ready for an exciting career YOU would be responsible for the following.
- You will be working on fully up to date technologies in the Data & Analytics environment and in a team, which is fully committed to remain at the leading edge of this skillset. Therefore, the impetus to keep improving skills and acquiring skillsets in new technologies will be very strong. If you are a top-flight developer who wants to continue to keep learning and remain at the cutting edge of the very fast-moving Data Analytics technology environment, then this role is for you.
- As part of this role you will be working on creating microservices, frameworks on top of Data & Analytics platform which will enable faster acquisition and ingestion of datasets, data curation and creation of analytical ready datasets. A part of this role will also to be helping in new technology introduction by running POC/Pilots and finally creation of a qualified GXP ready software defined infrastructure of the selected platform.
- This is very hands-on development role which includes developing & delivering code through from origin to production, plus working in partnership with 3rd party development service providers to help ensure that code comes in on time, to quality and in line with the overall ecosystem being established.
- The Data Engineer will directly contribute to the extensive and varied build and deployment activities involved in establishing the new platform then continue to work on the already significant and growing pipeline of future build-outs of platform services on the Enterprise Data & Analytics platform.
- Development : Hands on, sleeves up development and delivery expected as a matter of course.
- Delivery : Ensure project goals are achieved on time in alignment with the stakeholders' expectation. Ability to work on complex projects and in a distributed environment. Escalate to other Data & Analytics leadership team when needing support. Work in close collaboration with other team members in the Enterprise Data & Analytics Platform team, to ensure Development/Delivery aspects are well represented in the project's requirements and deliverables.
- Methodology : Incorporate agile ways of working into the delivery process thru use of DABL (Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Launch) framework to show value periodically. Individuals will work as part of product-centric delivery team(s) that will focus on delivering value independently while fully embracing integrated DevOps approaches.
- Ownership : Take ownership for the delivery/development projects and help steer until completion.
- Governance : Follow governance that allows projects and stakeholders to manage overall project performance and manage programme risks within the global nature of some of the programmes.
- Forward looking : Remain flexible towards technology approaches to ensure that the best advantage is being taken of new technologies. Keep abreast of industry developments in analytics and be able to interpret how these would impactservices and present new opportunities.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance : Ensure all risk and issues associated with owned projects are recorded and managed in the appropriate Risk & Issue logs in a timely manner. Ensure all Risks and Issues have clear action/mitigation/contingency plans defined, with named action owners and timelines for completion.
- Technical Architecture : Be conversant with technical architecture to contribute to design discussions in partnership with the Delivery/Development Lead and dedicated Analytics & Data Architect.
We are looking for professionals with these skills to achieve our goals. If YOU have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- Extensive experience as a Developer in the Data & Analytics arena with demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience.
- Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment around Data & Analytics.
- Fully conversant with agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts. Must have worked in CI/CD ways of working using tools like Azure DevOps.
- Methodologies is a must and knowledge of Azure Data Factory/DataBricks/Azure Data Lake/Azure DW/Analysis Services is a must.
- Experience of the Azure analytics components, Power BI, Power Apps & Microsoft Visual Studio is desirable.
- Good to have an excellent development skills & extensive hand-on development & coding experience in a variety of languages, e.g. Python, SQL, Scala, etc.
- Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
- Experience in executing Data Analytics projects in an Agile manner, articulation of Value depending on the project life cycle stage, Creating MVPs, developing plans for scale up are all very important experience to be successful in this role.
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate inherently complicated technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing email@example.com, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.
Back to top