Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Jul 23 2020
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution.
GSK Consumer Healthcare is seeking to make a "Step Change in Digital, Data & Analytics" and is establishing a new-from-the-ground-up Analytics Platform and Products purpose built to help execute on that vision. As a result, we are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data & Analytics team.
By disrupting our approaches to R&D and commercial business processes, D&A is allowing us to integrate, simplify and unlock all our data to drive innovation, decision making and enable our transformation in servicing our patients, healthcare professionals and consumers.
The ideal candidate would be highly experienced in conducting data analysis on multiple projects simultaneously in a distributed global matrix environment. The Data Analyst will join a strong technical team in a technically demanding area of Tech and so the ideal candidate should possess a strong background in technology and be familiar with Agile and DevOps processes.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Develop high-level requirements / use cases for projects to support business justification
- Be face of Product Owner and translate the requirements in form of data mapping, logical data model for engineering team
- Work closely with the Data Architect to turn conceptual data models into logical and physical models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy
- Implement and document data architectures and data models consistent with business and technical requirements
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects
- Develop test scenarios and test cases in collaboration with data test engineer along with acceptance criteria
- Identify and drive opportunities to reuse data models in new environments
- Effectively communicates with both technical and non-technical staff, stakeholders, end-users, and vendors
- Understand the needs and challenges of the commercial business environment.
- Manages communications with engineering team members, internal and external partners, stakeholders, program staff and users
- Provide leadership & best practice guidance for requirements analysis and prioritization.
- Elicit business requirements from key stakeholders by using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Monitor and document post-implementation problems and revision requests to ensure it meets end user needs
- Understand when to highlight risks or issues and ability to clearly communicate them to management teams and stakeholders.
- In this role you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company in the Commercial Business & in the digital business including product development and new product introduction. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA or relevant technical degree preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
- Extensive experience as a Business And/or Data Analyst in Data focused products and proven history working on and delivering complex projects in an Analytics environment space.
- Deep expertise in producing conceptual, logical and physical data models, and using industry standards artefacts (e.g. ER diagrams) to visualize data models
- An understanding of relational databases, including their structure and design
- Advanced knowledge of database languages (SQL and variants) including pivoting data, hierarchical queries and query optimization/performance tuning
- Experience of tools like JIRA, Azure DevOps and experience working in agile environment
- Prior experience with working with Commercial and/or Supply chain data is a must.
- Knowledge of Analytics & self-service BI approaches and predictive analytics solutions is a strong advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to align stakeholders from business and IT with competing priorities
- A strong background in technology, analysis and critical evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources
- Experience writing epics, features, stories including creating workflow/process flow diagrams
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate team members, and elicit work output in a team environment
- Proven experience in successfully working in a team setting and ability to reconcile conflicts
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with analytics in a healthcare or CPG company is a plus.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in "gsk.com", you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.