Critical Process Materials GCM
Critical Process Materials Global Category Manager is a role operating in a complex, multi-stakeholder and cross-functional environment. The job holder will cover one or several categories part of Critial Process Materials used in the manufacture of biopharmaceutical and vaccines bulk products. This includes cell growth media, sera and other biologicals, cell culture support, adjuvants, purification devices such as process filters, ultrafilters, chromatography resins, single-use technology, sterile tubing, connectors and containers and consumable for sterile production environment monitoring.
This role has been created to work across and influence senior stakeholders' enterprise-wide to ensure GSK is leveraging scale, creating best in class partnerships with key suppliers delivering best cost, cash, quality, service & innovation to GSK supply chains across Rx and Vx.
This role will be accountable for building and executing category strategies for selective sub-categories in Critial Process Materials to meet the business needs across 10 Vaccines and 5 Biopharm business units globally and securing a competitive advantage for GSK.
The role demands strong leadership to drive step change improvement in supplier quality, performance and innovation with appropriate support from the stakeholder community to enable success.
This role will partner closely with the Rx and Vx supply chains and Site Procurement teams to execute strategies and ensure benefit realisation.
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring key contracts in this space are robust and successfully managed.
• Accountable for developing and communicating procurement world class strategies for all materials/services in scope, supporting the delivery of global qualitative and quantitative targets.
• Build close partnerships and alignment across all sites and regions where the materials/services in scope of the role are consumed.
• Lead, manage and develop a global supply base that deliver business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory compliance, service, cost and innovation, for the categories in scope.
• Lead strategic relationship with the critical suppliers of the category under your accountability.
• Drive a culture of collaboration and engagement across the global organisation.
• Tracking and delivery of KPIs to drive mutual collaboration with the regional teams and support the global strategies.
• Engagement with stakeholders across the E2E supply chain - working collaboratively with all Supply Chain stakeholders across the business to drive strategies across the materials/services within scope of the role.
• Accountable for delivery of the Procurement fundamentals across the area of responsibility e.g. contracts, price negotiations, risk mitigation, etc.
• Accountable for delivery of robust market intelligence assessment and act as the expert for category within GSK.
• Supports the delivery of the financial plan in category team.
• Developing & Embedding Processes & Ways of Working as the new Procurement operating model evolves, work seamlessly with the Manufacturing site and hub team
• Ensure full compliance with any applicable Standard Operating Procedures. Apply the Integrated Controlled Framework methodology and mindset.
• Master level degree Economics, Chemistry, Procurement or Supply Chain
• Credible Procurement professional with experience gained in Large BlueChip, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare or FMCG Environment.
• Demonstrated evidences of Procurement fundamentals: designing and implementing global sourcing strategies, negotiating supply agreements, developing and rationalising a global supply base.
• Direct material Procurement experience would be a plus.
• Business & commercial acumen with demonstrated success in delivering a competitive commercial advantage.
• Great analytical skills using internal and external data.
• Demonstrated ability to forge close business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Expertise in delivering change initiatives to switch supply base to achieve higher value in highly matrix and decentralised environments
• Project management experience with cross-functional stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
• Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
• Possibility of developing within the role and company structure
• Supportive and friendly working environment
• Company culture based on GSK values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
• Atmosphere of trust which let you grow professionally and act independently
• Non-wage benefits (medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund, preventive healthcare services)
Thank you very much for your interest in development opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top