Country Medical Affairs Director, Pain Relief
- Warren, NJ
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren
Posted Date: Jun 9 2020
Are you interested in a highly visible medical affairs role that allows you to design training and program content that educates and shapes awareness of our medicines? If so, this Medical Affairs Director role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of medical affairs excellence and provide dynamic leadership within the regional R&D organization to deliver business results and ensure effective deployment of Safety/Compliance/Governance standards in support of GSK's CH OTC business.
The Country Medical Affairs Director incorporates a strategic and strong operational component, including managing the medical and scientific workload of the assigned therapeutic areas. This individual must have the ability to form collegial relationships with cross-functional individuals within and outside of GSK CH to ensure alignment in meeting the commercial and scientific objectives for the category's product portfolio.
This position will work closely with the Regional Medical Affairs Lead to establish direction, execute strategy, and ensure delivery of annual medical goals and objectives by driving the effectiveness and efficiency of the CDMA community and cross-functional partners. This role collaborates extensively with various business functions that rely on the CDMA function to drive and implement medical affairs brand/product strategies and deliverables, including Category Medical Affairs, Global R&D Category Leads, Regional Commercial Leads, Regional Commercial Operations Directors and GM's, Safety, Legal, and Corporate Compliance functions.
The impact that this role can have upon business success is critical. Application of medical technical expertise and keen insight will increase the scientific impact of GSK's CH business activities.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following
- Direct medical affairs and platform medical innovation and product stewardship activities
- Direct and support global medical needs for selected local stars brands
- Ensure medical excellence in all activities to safeguard the interests of consumers and patients and GSK's reputation
- Leadership and oversight of all Scientific Engagement activities within Area
- Responsible for compliance with relevant SOPs for all promotional activities, including claims
- Provide oversight of all scientific engagement activities within assigned therapeutic categories
- Provide medical expertise to local business unit, especially promotional activities to ensure best practice delivery of business objectives
- Understand, monitor and engage with the external environment (i.e., academia, scientific agencies, societies, organizations, and HCPs) as a credible science advocate for GSK to help achieve business objectives
- Act as the GSK medical voice in all local interactions with consumers, HCPs, External Experts, medical societies, and institutions, including providing medical support and resolution of customer inquiries, as needed
- Evaluate HCP and consumer contacts to identify trends and product opportunities and weaknesses
- Provide support to market insights team on data collection and analysis of GSK products and competitors
- Facilitate interaction/partnership between key External Experts, academia, and GSK CH
- Identification and recommendation of key strategic and innovation opportunities that align with commercial objectives to drive business results
- Support appropriate and safe use of all GSK CH products, including direct role or manage generation of medical benefit/risk assessments
- Responsible for implementation, training, and oversight of medical governance framework including: Scientific engagement policies and practices, review of promotional practices
- Provide input to relevant medical information responses
- Represent Medical Affairs as required
- Develop local Medical Affairs SOPs as required
- Partner with Pharmacovigilance team to ensure GSK activities are conducted in accordance with applicable laws and company policies
- Ensure all relevant consumer data generating activities undertaken by- or on behalf of GSK CH are conducted with appropriate Medical Governance approval in the region
- A strong commitment to achieving corporate objectives while maintaining high ethical, regulatory, and scientific standards is required
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PharmD, MD, PhD, DDS, DMD
- Experience in Medical affairs or Clinical Development
- 5 to 8 years of experiencewith product responsibility through the commercialization process.
- Experience inOTC and/or pharmaceuticals as a leaderin Medical Affairs and medical marketing
- Experiencewith consumer needs and attitudes, customer groups, and opinion leaders
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in clinical development
- MD, PharmD, PhD, RD
- Energizing, enthusiastic and creative, with excellent communication, collaborative, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Experience and ability to coach and develop colleagues to build a high performing team.
- Drive and foster the five GSK CH attributes as follows:
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top