Corporate Quality Assurance Department, Japan Lead
- Tokyo, Japan
Site Name: Japan - Tokyo - Akasaka
Posted Date: Oct 13 2020
Are you energized by a highly specialized technical role that leverages the latest in quality analytical technology and method development? If so, this Corporate Quality Assurance Department, Japan Lead role could be a great opportunity to explore.
As an Corporate Quality Assurance Department, Japan Lead , you will be responsible for designing and managing experiments using various instrumentation and analytical techniques in support of method development and ensuring compliance with Regulatory expectations and GSK internal requirements.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
As a Quality Responsible person, this role is accountable in ensuring
- batch release of commercial pharmaceutical products and medical devices to Japan market comply with GSK QMS and Japanese Regulation;
- proper manufacturing and quality control for the supplying manufacturing sites;
- quality defects are timely investigated and evaluated;
- product incident is timely managed;
- effective Quality Management System (QMS) is in place and in use
- Deliver the elements of the Japan Supply Chain and Commercial business plans relevant to the LOC(=Local Operating Company)
Quality in accordance with our Customers and Regulatory commitments.
- Provide ongoing operational management, leadership and support to the in-market Japan Supply Chain Quality personnel for supply chain related activities by developing and ensuring implementation of the Quality/QMS which includes:
- Determine the responsibilities of LOC Quality Managers to ensure effective, overall Quality management and continuous improvement of supply chain activities in LOC.
- Ensure accurate resource planning and required skills mix and competencies are in place within the Japan LOC Quality team to ensure individuals and the organization recognize, that roles in LOC Quality offer good personal development opportunities and contribute significantly to business success.
- Ensure clear lines of communication and processes for product registration alignment between Manufacturing Sites and LOC regulatory as well as communication / knowledge with respect to regulatory intelligence within Japan.
- Create and identify opportunities to share information, documentation and knowledge between LOCs and driving simplification and improvements. Provide a forum for LOCs to participate and contribute to the ongoing development of the QMS.
- Develop and implement mechanisms for capturing QMS implementation knowledge and making this available to all Quality contacts in Japan.
- Working within the framework of governance and advocacy, communicate and where appropriate advocate with relevant body to ensure effective collaboration, up to date with regulations and intelligence.
- Act as a Quality contact for Supply chain and commercial teams as relevant in relation to Quality and compliance issues.Good communication and collaboration with Regulatory Authority - advocate and influence
- Lead and manage a team of LOC Quality Managers by providing direction, guidance, instruction on the application, compliance, on-going sustainability and performance of GSK QMS and Japanese Pharmaceutical Affairs Law i.e. Quality Requirements of Ministerial Ordinance No.136, or Quality requirements in the LOC.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- First Degree in scientific or engineering discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in operational role in pharmaceutical industry, of which at least 3 years in Quality Assurance.
- At least 5 years in managerial position, of which 3 years as senior manager.
- Solid understanding of Quality Management Systems (QMS), its application and business objectives.
- Good quality risk management and problem solving skills.
- Good leadership skills. Competent people manager. Able to engage, coach and develop staff.
- Experience of working with and leading cross-site and multi-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to achieve a solution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to work effectively in English.
- Self-starter and able to drive change
- Minimum 3 years in QA
Managerial experience 5 years
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Registered Pharmacist
- Good understanding of commercial company business processes related to the QMS
- Experience and exposure/involvement with commercial activities
- Experienced auditor
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top