Continuous Improvement Lead
- Lincoln, NE
Site Name: USA - Nebraska - Lincoln
Posted Date: Aug 26 2020
As Continuous Improvement Lead you will manage the deployment and embed the GSK's Production System (GPS) into the Site to deliver the business Strategy, aligned to IPTc, and constantly improve Business Performance.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Development and implementation of Site GPS plan to ensure that GPS becomes integrated with the ways of working in all areas of the Site driving a culture of Continuous Improvement.
- Aligning the site GPS deployment plan with the Consumer Healthcare Continuous Improvement methodology as it is improved over time.
- Ensure Site leadership is fully aligned to deliver the Site Strategy via GPS Deployment.
- Ensuring the continuous improvement initiatives on site translate into measurable benefits that deliver the site business performance across IPT.
- Provide training and coaching support to Site teams and Site management.
- Network with other GPS Leads to exchange learning and good practice both internally and externally.
- Remove barriers to progress. Articulate and communicate GPS vision for the Site serving as a role model for GPS behaviors and values.
- Facilitate the multi-year Site Strategy deployment process.
This role has a high impact on the business objectives of the site. The appropriate deployment of GPS will develop the capability of the people on site, building a culture of continuous improvement, to solve worthy problems which will deliver significant business results.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Use of the GPS standards
- Performance management experience
- EHS experience
- Employment law experience
- Relevant quality standards
- Project and Change Management experience
- Manage budgets
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Black Belt Certified and experience in driving Major change programs
- 10 years' experience in a manufacturing environment - 3 of which in a Management role.
- Project management experience
- People Leadership Experience
- Understanding and use of the GPS standards
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top