Computational Biologist - Single cell and spatial omics data analysis (m/w/d)
- Wendlingen am Neckar, Germany
Site Name: Heidelberg - Office
Posted Date: Feb 25 2020
Are you looking to expand your expertise in bioinformatics in a global environment that allows you to keep pace with the speed of change? At GSK, we are transforming how new technologies are used to improve the lives of patients. The successful candidate will work in the computational biology group at Cellzome,a GSK company, in Heidelbergfocusing on analysis, integration and interpretation of single cell and spatial omics data, for functional genomics applications.
• Provide expertise in experimental design, large scale data analysis, and biological interpretation of single cell and spatial omics data, for functional genomics applications.
• PhD in Computational biology, bioinformatics, computational sciences, or in the life sciences with a strong background in bioinformatics or statistics
• Experience in a programming language (such as R, or Python) for complex data analysis
• Knowledge of fundamental concepts in biology and statistics
• Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
• Preferably demonstrated experience in analysis of genomics data either on a single cell or bulk level including contextualization of the results
• Preferably skills to collect, integrate, mine and analyze complex biological data and translate these into testable hypotheses.
• Familiarity with genome-wide genetic, genomic, pathway and network methods would be a plus.
• Familiarity with common bioinformatics databases, resources and tools would be a plus.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top