- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Apr 15 2021
The GSK Computational Biology Department in Functional Genomics is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our dynamic and multidisciplinary team to support GSK's goal. Your primary focus as a Computational Biologist would be to identify, develop, implement and use computational biology methods to impact drug discovery and development. Applicants should have a strong analytical skills and background in any of the following; bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and/or genomics, combined with knowledge of biology.
You should be comfortable working in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment, and you will be expected to communicate complex informatics principles, methods, analyses and results to scientists from diverse backgrounds. Furthermore, you will be encouraged to develop and advance your computational biology skills as well as your internal and external scientific profile through presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in Computational biology, bioinformatics, computational sciences, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or biomedical/biological sciences OR MS in a related field with 10 years of related experience.
- Experience in a programming language (such as R, Python or Perl) for complex data analysis.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts in biology and statistics.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated experience in single cell genomics analysis.
- Knowledge of genome-wide genetic, genomic, pathway and network methods.
- Skills to collect, integrate, mine and analyze complex biological data and translate them into testable hypotheses.
- Knowledge of and experience with common bioinformatics databases, resources and tools.
- Knowledge of the drug discovery and development process.
- Demonstrated experience in processing multiple large scale genomic and genetic platforms, such as transcriptomic, proteomic or Next Generation sequencing data, including understanding of pathway/network analyses.
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
- Functional genomics: Gene editing, CRISPR in phenotypic screens with OMIC/imaging readouts.
- Publication record in peer reviewed journals.
- Experience in analyzing data sets related to oncology or/and immunology.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top