Communications Manager, EMEA (Drive Profit Markets)
- Stockholm, Sweden
Site Name: Solna
Posted Date: Mar 31 2020
Are you a Communications Manager ready to support leadership teams to plan, create, shape and implement external and internal communications. In this role you will provide senior level support to more than 40 markets across EMEA You will be working across multiple areas in EMEA including Great Britain and Ireland, Benelux/Nordics, France and CEE.
Reporting to CGA Director, EMEA (Drive Profit Markets) you will act as internal task force and support four Area GMs and their teams when needed and in particular with:
- Strategy & Planning
- Protecting GSK reputation
- Internal communications and engagement
- External communications and affairs
Your responsibilities are:
- Support CGA Director, EMEA to develop and implement annual communications strategy for EMEA Drive Profit Markets, aligned with overall GSK Consumer Healthcare communications plans and business priorities
- Be a strategic partner to the business, where required provide senior leaders with counsel/advice on communications and external affairs
- Develop timely and robust leader-led engagement activities and communications
- Work with internal stakeholders (HR and Business partners) to ensure efficiency and policy compliance
- Build capabilities of leaders as communicators (training, consultancy and advisory on channels and messaging) and work with local Comms Champions on how to further support leaders
- Collaborate with Regional/ Global colleagues to ensure alignment and consistency in messaging and delivery
- Develop content through various formats - photography, video, graphics, audio, written - that tells a compelling, personal story of GSK Consumer Healthcare to both internal and external audiences
- When required, lead and manage issues across the region, advising leadership teams as appropriate.
- Develop and implement external corporate communication plans, build relations with key external stakeholders that enhance reputation of GSK Consumer Healthcare
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree (On Journalism, Marketing/media, PR or similar)
- Experience working with current digital communications technologies and strategies (managing social media channels etc)
- More than 8 years of experience from corporate communications (favorable from pharma/FMCG company)
- Experience in strategic planning, budgeting and project management
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiations skills. Ability to facilitate alignment and collaboration across groups/regions
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast moving environment with fluctuating and changing demands
- Willingness to travel up to 15 % of working time within Europe
- Fluent in Swedish and English
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Government relations experience
- Masters Degree or MBA in Communications, Journalism or Media
- Prior experience driving employee engagement initiatives
- Experience in working in a remote team and for multiple markets
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral health, Pain relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/gastro-intestinal and Skin health categories.
As a company, we offer career opportunities within an international group and excellent working conditions. Plus, real leadership support and the kind of flexible approach that helps you really achieve your potential.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
Contact information: You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply button. Please submit your application in English as soon as possible. The position will be filled when the successful candidate has been found. For further information contact Senior Recruiter Teea Kuusimurto: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top