Commercial Operations Director, Thailand
- Bangkok, Thailand
Site Name: Thailand - Bangkok
Posted Date: Oct 22 2020
Does leading business development including completing business management of the outsource portfolio and delivering internally performance results excite you? If so, this opportunity could be the perfect fit for your career.
As Commercial Operations Directorwill lead the Commercial Operations functions with increased effort & focus to support Growth ambition by identifying additional sources of business;
- Further leverage data analytics for decision making
- Leverage technology to expand GTM strategy, market expansion initiatives as well as rationalize sales & marketing activities & budget
- Support commercial initiatives to address channel migration/expansion
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- To implement and ensure execution of one EM vision and strategy for Commercial Operations in the LOC to guarantee highest quality in customer centric mindset
- Lead Commercial Operation organization which is taking ownership for lead and lag commercial outcomes, leading business improvement with more customer focus
- Managing best quality in performance measurement and insight gathering to support growth ambition of Thailand, including Customer Engagement for highest customer satisfaction
- Build a best in class sales organization to convince and influence HCPs and pharmacies to prefer best treatment for their patients
- Formulates, develops and implements strategies for additional sources of business for growth such as distribution relationships, pharmacy chains & trade marketing, tender management
- Ensure implementation of Regional Commercial Operations strategy and activities in the LoC
- Support commercial teams move from a brand centric to a customer centric model & reaching to personalized experience with highest quality engagement. Help CORE implementation in the market with all processes, tools, and systems
- Transform customer insights of LOC into excellence and enrichment in digital and face to face interactions via Customer Engagement team and Business Unit collaboration, in alignment with Global marketing strategies, with proper commercial effectiveness strategy implementation with efficiency.
- Ensure SRO outcomes implementation and follow Sales Force Effectiveness KPIs for all business.
- Implementing coherent digital and face to face interaction, while ensuring deployment of global channels to support single customer journey in GSK digital ecosystem; establishing optimum and efficient sales force resource and structure and implementing digital and face to face engagement with customers in an integrated manner by considering 3D segmentation and targeting
- Ensure most appropriate sales force incentive plan implementation in the LOC
- To build a best in class sales organization with good selling outcome, to ensure the selling excellence standards are implemented effectively, to build and sustain selling and FLSL capability and to focus effort in the right places and to evolve Selling Excellence to fully incorporate the new ways of working including good selling outcome, PFSS, business analysis and multichannel usage.
- Ensure utilization of EM/global analytics systems; derive business insights from descriptive and predictive analytics; ensure utilization of global data management systems
- Represent Commercial Operations in LOC Leadership Team, support and challenge business to ensure best outcomes
- Coach Commercial Operationsteam members
- Promote Ethics & Compliance behavior within the team
- Role modelling of GSK Expectations, people & performance culture for the team
- Drive engagement of the team according to GSK culture
- Performs staff management and administrative duties of: recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and disciplinary actions
- Support and improve quality management systems in area of responsibility on local level to guarantee that all actions are in line with GSK standards and policies.
- Drive performance culture across the team
Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field
- Minimum 10 years experience in sales, marketing and commercial excellence/operations leadership roles
- Strategic mindset, Problem solving, High resilience and agility
- Fluency in English both writing and speaking skills
- People management experience
- Full project life-cycle appreciation
- Demonstrable evidence of multi-cultural sensitivity
- Above country experience is an asset
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Business Development, or related field is a plus
- Exceptional strategic thinking competencies coupled with articulating complex topics simply for stakeholder engagement
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines on multiple items
- Managing complexity in a highly regulated environment
- Experience of being a Project Leader
- Has a broad understanding of the commercial operating model
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top