Commercial Lead BCMA
Site Name: Netherlands - Zeist
Posted Date: Dec 5 2019
Commercial Lead BCMA Netherlands
GSK is looking for a Commercial Lead, who will be responsible for preparing the local operating company (LOC) business unit for executing a successful Oncology launch and driving commercialization for GSK's transformational lead asset, GSK2857916 in Multiple Myeloma (MM), an antibody-drug conjugate against B-Cell Maturation Antigen (BCMA), a very specific marker of Myeloma cells. You'll build the launch and annual plans, lead the implementation of launch strategies and resulting tactical plans. You'll also be responsible for leading the launch workstream for the LOC and overseeing the completion of all commercial related milestones, including the training, and rollout of the core commercial campaign in tight alignment with LOC-based functions.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and leading the BCMA Netherlands commercial team. Account manages for Haematology will report into this role. This role is driving cross-functional leadership together with relevant medical and market access team members. Moreover, this role will be part of the growing BeNeLux Oncology leadership team, building the future Oncology business.
- You lead the LOC matrix launch team in the refinement and execution of the core brand strategy for GSK2857916, driving successful launch outcomes and business objectives in the LOC. Input into the development/refinement of LOC specific brand positioning, messaging, and tactical plans
- You align and manage LOC specific launch planning and milestone monitoring processes with Global plans and strategies
- You conduct local launch readiness reviews to prioritize / resolve issues, identify critical path activities and dependencies, and allocate resources
- You will be a partner with regulatory, medical, compliance and legal through the development and approval phases to ensure all materials are held to the highest standards
- You identify local market opportunities and make recommendations to enhance market potential, uptake and brand penetration for the LOC Build and execute the strategies and operational plan for Niraparib (current and future indications) in the Netherlands
- You recruit, hire, and build capability for BCMA specific staff to execute the commercial plan in the Netherlands
- You drive the development of BCMA business, establishing growth and profit expectation and ensuring effective financial planning.
- You establish market sales and resource forecasts and initiate relevant market research projects to support the strategic brand planning process.
- You identify, develop, propose and execute local reimbursement strategies including adaptation and communication of the value story to key local stakeholders.
- You establish strong and optimal relationships with external bodies (Payors, Patient Associations, and KOLs) as relevant.
- Foster an environment of strong collaboration across the local and regional organization.
- You serve as point person responsible for managing and optimizing local partnerships and provide commercial input for business development opportunities.
- You ensure that all business activities are in line with company policies, procedures and local guidelines.
- You facilitate market learning and knowledge sharing to accelerate the commercialization of BCMA
- You drive a high performance, competitive culture by fostering innovation, customer focus, personal accountability and commitment for results.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- University master degree in life sciences (Medicine, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.)
- Minimum of 4 years as a commercial lead in the pharmaceutical industry, including minimum 2+ years successful in oncology or haematology Sales in the Netherlands
- Recent experience in Oncology is required
- Successful track record of overseeing product launches in the Netherlands, within the Oncology therapeutic area
- Deep understanding of Dutch Healthcare environment
- Demonstrable involvement in access and reimbursement strategies and execution, with the ability to shape and articulate the value story of speciality therapeutics.
- Strong and robust professional network with relevant KEE's, associations and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the technical development of commercially successful biopharmaceutical products.
- A natural self-starter, hands-on with the ability to shape and build a business.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to attract talent and create a culture of collaboration and teamwork that fosters open communication, constructive conflict and organizational flexibility.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in Dutch and English, including strong formal presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative of spirit.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, displaying candour and integrity at all times
- Ability to manage complexity, ambiguity and paradoxes
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Experience with product launches in oncology.
- Successful experience in initiating stakeholder management, customer relationships, market access and sales from scratch
- Understanding and knowledge of all key stakeholders (clinical and payor) and the local healthcare system (including access and routes to market) in NL
- Excellent understanding of the science of oncology products.
- Experience with successfully executing commercial contracts or successfully negotiating formulary acceptance of newly launched products.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to foster relationships and effectively represent GSK to relevant external stakeholders.
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Pharmaceuticals -Our Pharmaceuticals business offers a unique portfolio of medicines, including a broad range of innovative and established brands. Both globally and in Belgium, we are currently primarily focused on developing new medicines in the respiratory, HIV/infectious diseases, oncology and immuno-inflammation areas, while also continuously exploring other fields through discovery research. Working in our BeNeLux branch, you would be joining a driven team of over 200 people that is also well embedded within GSK's global network. For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top