Clinical Statistics - Statistician / Principal Statistician - US or UK
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - London - Brentford, USA - Massachusetts - Waltham, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Oct 18 2019
Do you want to work for one of the world's leading pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, applying your statistical skills and innovative statistical methodology to make key contributions to the development of new medicines?
GSK's goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay.
GSK has a thriving global community of statisticians across the three divisions of our company. Within the pharmaceutical division, our clinical statisticians are industry leading experts in data analysis and methodologic research. Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians collaborate across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
- Providing statistical input to the design, analysis, reporting and interpretation of clinical studies.
- Influencing clinical development plans, regulatory and commercial strategies.
- Building and maintaining effective strategic working relationships with internal and external partners to meet business needs.
- Identifying, developing and implementing novel statistical methodologies in support of medicines development.
- Our end-to-end project support model ensures that our statisticians work across the entire range of drug development, from early clinical development, to registration and marketed product support.
- Masters or PhD in a Statistical discipline
- Practical understanding of statistical modelling and its application to real world problems
- Track record of strong academic performance
- Able to adapt to changing business needs
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a team setting
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- PhD in statistics with 1+ years of relevant experience as a statistician in a clinical research setting in a Pharmaceutical, CRO or Academic setting
- Expertise in multiple statistical methodologies as well as demonstrated experience leveraging its practical application
- Capable of applying innovative statistical thinking
- Experience with Bayesian methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with;
- Capability in building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to explain novel and standard methods to scientific and clinical colleagues.
- Strong influencing skills applied effectively across functions and levels of an organization
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top