Clinical Pharmacologist - Modeling and Simulation
- Stevenage, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage
Posted Date: Jun 23 2021
We have an exciting opportunity at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) for a highly motivated Quantitative Clinical Pharmacologist to join our London team as part of the global department of Clinical Pharmacology Modelling & Simulation. This is an excellent role to use quantitative clinical pharmacology to accelerate the delivery of new medicines to patients by enhancing drug program efficiency and business decision quality. The work directly supports our mission to help our patients do more, feel better and live longer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Plan, execute and report translational drug-disease modelling, exposure-response analysis, simulation-based trial design and population clinical pharmacology
- Contribute to clinical program design, trial protocols, analysis plans, study reports and regulatory submissions
- Apply innovative techniques such as longitudinal exposure-response analysis, model-based meta-analysis and item-response analysis to improve data use and trial efficiency
- Present strategy and discuss outcome of model-based approaches via interactions with internal governance boards and regulatory agencies
- Promote model-informed drug discovery and development through external collaboration, journal publication and conference presentation
1. A doctorate relevant to Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology, and experience in using modelling/simulation to solve practical problems in industry or academia
2. Proven skills in pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic and longitudinal disease modelling; and verifiable proficiency in pharmacometric tools NONMEM, Monolix, R or SAS
3. Strong drive and learning agility to build knowledge on a drug-disease system, symptom progression, standard of care, and trial design and endpoints
4. Demonstrated aptitude for productive collaboration in a multi-discipline team, using effective communication and taking personal accountability for timely delivery of results
5. Clear evidence of ability to make sound judgement in complex situations and adapt to changing business needs by prioritising multiple tasks
The job level will depend on the skills and achievements of the successful candidate. At GSK, we develop therapies of various modalities for a broad range of indications. As a member of a global department with diverse expertise, you will enjoy a highly supportive environment for scientific innovation, business impact and professional growth.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top