Client Engagement Manager
- Poznań, Poland
Site Name: Poznan Business Garden
Posted Date: Aug 11 2020
Poznan Tech Hub is GSK worldwide biggest IT center hiring about 700 highly-skilled IT professionals. We are part of GSK, which aspires to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. At Poznan Tech Hub we build a truly international team which provides services to all GSK locations around the world. Our talented IT experts have a unique opportunity to contribute to the entire product life cycle from research and development, through manufacturing, to commercialization and support salesforce of new vaccines, medicines and healthcare products.
It is a great time to join GSK Tech Hub in Poznan.We value courage, accountability, development and teamwork. You will be encouraged to experiment and collaborate across teams to bring innovation to our every day job. We are open to candidates with various levels of experience - whether you are a seasoned specialist with deep expertise or a graduate looking to kick start your career. Help us to lead in Technology to improve lives of patients and consumers around the world.
The role will be primarily focused on the operational management and enablement of the Pharma DDA & Tech organization which, through technology, services, and solutions, enables a global Pharmaceutical business of £17 million in sales across 100+ global markets. This role will be responsible for managing the continued implementation of agile, product management and skills transformation initiatives across the Pharma Tech organization, ensuring proper planning and prioritization of the product portfolio is well managed and operational processes are developed and continuously improved.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Enabling the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization through the implementation and improvement of consistent, simplified operational processes and performance management across the organization.
- Enabling the organization for the readiness of the future through managing transformation initiatives in agile, skill development and product management.
- Development, implementation and management of governance, demand management and visualization of the product landscape and roadmap. Provide portfolio reporting and analysis to highlight issues and ensure key decisions are made with as much information as possible and in a timely manner to avoid loss of value.
- Work with operations team and product teams to ensure the accuracy of the information in the product portfolio and ensure that teams utilize appropriate methods and tools, and that value is defined and tracked in a consistent and meaningful way.
- Facilitate periodic product and roadmap reviews, planning and prioritization meetings (BRPs) with sponsors, Pharma Tech leadership, core team members, and regional Ph Tech teams, to agree priority, assess progress and maturity and ensure alignment to business priorities.
- Skills Transformation lead in Pharma DDA & Tech to support skills rebuild. Run activities to drive awareness, understand expectations, monitor usage and shaping pathways by leading the skills transformation champions from regional teams.
- Work with comms to design and execute communications via various channels to showcase, celebrate and inform the organization of accomplishments, key activities, lessons learned, best practices, skill building, and events focused on Pharma Tech's transformation and delivery of our Tech objectives.
- Provide program management support for key initiatives in Tech that need Business Ops support
- Liaise and partner with Tech Leadership, Pharma Tech Product teams, Pharma DDA & Tech regional operations functions and other GSK Tech Functions for key initiatives in Tech that needs Business Ops support
- Support and manage culture and engagement initiatives for Pharma Tech and with local tech teams.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree - Computer Science, Business, or similar degree
- 7+ years in Technology Management (product owner, product manager, Technical IT manager, portfolio management responsibilities, etc.)
- Experience managing IT services, applications, projects and / or products
- Experience in application development management in AGILE and SCRUM
- Proven proactive, independent, self-starter; ability to drive through ambiguity in a fast moving and dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong stakeholder relationship and partnering skills
- Demonstrate great leadership skills and be able to communicate the strategic vision of the company and the organization across all levels within and outside of Tech.
- Fluent English
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in Technical (IT) Product Management
- Experience in SAFE methodology
- Familiar with life science and/or healthcare preferred
- Strong experience in successfully interfacing, clearly communicating and collaborating with Sr. Leadership through proposal development, issue solving and decision making.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Company Car
- Long term incentives
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Company Car
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company's structure
- Personalised learning approach (mentoring, online trainings' platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external trainings)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & wellbeing activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday.
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top