Cleaning Technician - 2nd Shift M-F - $2000 New Hire Sign-on Bonus
- Carlisle, PA
Site Name: Carlisle Allen Road
Posted Date: Sep 24 2020
As a Cleaning Technician, you will be responsible for using automated industrial equipment clean totes, tools and pallets. Secondarily, you will provide general support to the manufacturing area including manual assembly and packaging of product, basic equipment set-up, raw material staging, documentation and quality checks.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Follow work instructions and cleaning forms to manually clean totes
- Set-up and operate industrial cleaning equipment to clean and sanitize pallets and equipment used in the weighing, blending and packaging of powder products
- Perform all necessary documentation including: required labels, cleaning forms, room logs, work orders, etc
- Maintain acceptable attendance
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Work with a sense of urgency to ensure cleaning process does not impact manufacturing areas
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), sanitation procedures and general housekeeping as well as all safety practices and procedures
- Ensure appropriate cleans are performed which will include mopping floors, cleaning walls, sanitizing tools and equipment and operating various cleaning equipment
- Assemble boxes, cases and other material as needed
- Communicate effectively up and down the Chain of Command
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Production Supervisor
- Must be available to work any shift and extended time
- May work on the weekends or be assigned to work on holidays and shutdown
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0-1 years experience working in a manufacturing environment
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge and understanding of GMP's and Food Sanitation
- Strong math skills
- Ability to write clearly and accurately
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.These include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top