- Manila, Philippines
Site Name: Philippines - Metro Manila - Makati
Posted Date: Aug 17 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity in driving the local strategic management of the assigned national key account channel for the overall achievement of the sales objectives and other commercial objectives for the group ?As the Channel Manager, you will lead and manage a group of key account managers.This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key strategies to progress your career.If so, this is the role for you.
- Drives excellent execution while ensuring smooth operations of Key Account Sales team and the attainment of sales targets for the channel
- Translates the GSK's overall business strategies into channel and customer specific plans in order to achieve competitiveness in the market and to deliver the financial objectives
- Handles performance management of Key Account Managers to achieve professional development and growth
- Provides mentorship to junior members of the organization in support of attaining performance objectives, competency building, and continuous improvement
- Responsible for the performance management and administrative overhead involved in the management of direct reports.
- Ensures achievement of sales fundamentals (i.e. distribution, merchandising, assortment, share of shelf, alignment to category guideline) in the assigned sales channel
- Oversees implementation status of strategic initiatives executed by the Key Account Sales Team for their respective trade channels
- Coordinates with the Sales Manager in order to cascade and manage strategic plans outlining the approach in managing the assigned National Key Accounts
- Works with the team in order to identify and act on business opportunities with the National Key Accounts that mutually increase business scale and profitability for both GSK and Key Customers
- Takes overall ownership of channel implementation of Key Customer Business Development Plans
- Handles negotiation with clients keeping in mind the company's trade strategy
- Oversees the allocation of resources (i.e. trade investment, manpower, promotional planning) efficiently ensuring profitability and attainment of target margins.
- Drives simplification / standardization of value chain process and recommends approaches to optimize commercial operations
- Participates and provides insights in the monthly Core Commercial Planning cycle
- Makes thorough use of Sales Analytics or information to directly influence group account ordering, supply chain process and Weeks Cover management
- Collaborates with Trade Marketing, Marketing, and Operations (e.g. Customer Supply Chain, Finance) teams to come up with a strategic business plan for the channel
- Champions internal and cross-functional collaboration with managers to adjust with Key Accounts' requirements, needs, and concerns, ensuring synergy of sales operations and distribution thus, achieving win-win partnerships
- Cascades customer insights to cross-functional teams to increase effectiveness of product and increase sales
- Works with Sales Operation Manager (SOM) and internal stakeholders to ensure that Key Account strategic plans are financially sound and would promote category growth
- Keeps high level of engagement within the team and acts as main driver to implement cultural initiatives down to the team
- Establishes and maintains strong and long-term customer relationship by ensuring excellent delivery of service commitments
- Minimum of 3 years of regional key account or channel management experience preferably from a FMCG company.
- Must have handled a group of key account managers.
- Tertiary Education diploma preferably business related courses
- Must have a driver's license as this requires mobility
Now, do you think this is the right career for you and confident you have all the qualities? Join us then as a Channel Manager! Share to us your profile then let's talk more.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top