CE Cluster Oncology Commercial Director
- Warsaw, Poland
Site Name: Warsaw, Prague
Posted Date: Oct 24 2019
Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fueled by a personal passion to give our patients and our customers MORE.More of ourselves, more to fight for and more moments that matter!Cancer continues to be a core area of intensive focus at GSK, and while much progress has been made in the past few years, more can be done to redefine expectations in cancer care.
For more Information on GSK Oncology, please visit: https://us.gsk.com/en-us/careers/a-career-in-oncology
Are you an experienced commercial leader with a proven track record in Oncology field, interested to be part of our innovative, dynamic, and growing Oncology business in the assigned Central European markets? If so, then the opportunity to join GSK as CEE Cluster Oncology Commercial Director may be for you.
Key to this position is the ability to bring Oncology experience into GSK and lead complex commercial operations across several markets in a multinational corporate environment. In this role you will be working with CEE Cluster Area Director and relevant General Managers to develop and execute business strategy for Oncology in the assigned Central European markets.
This role will provide YOU with the opportunity to progress YOUR career by covering a broad range of responsibilities, while being a part of a new, exciting chapter for GSK building our presence within Oncology field:
- Share accountability, together with GMs, for Oncology portfolio strategy, financial objectives and performance in assigned markets within Central Europe
- Achieve financial and strategic targets for commercial operations by offering strategic and tactical support for our existing Oncology operations, as well as through directly managing Oncology commercial organization in markets that expand towards Oncology business within the assigned Area
- Drive the expansion of Oncology operations by leading the development of commercial organization and resourcing
- Oversee and direct successful implementation and embedding of global strategies, programs and regional priorities, balancing needs of country operations through business planning
- Ensure Oncology commercial operations (A&P resources, people) are competitive in changing environment through the appropriate level of investment and focus
- Develop financial and demand forecasts for Oncology portfolio and manage the agreed commercial budgets
- Work closely with Global and Regional Oncology Business Unit Teams to support and challenge markets to deliver better results, in alignment with global strategy
- Challenge support functions and personnel essential to optimizing productivity within the Oncology commercial organization
- Develop and implement appropriate capabilities and processes in assigned CE markets to enable the delivery of commercial strategies and operations within Oncology Area
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership and develop the team by setting clear expectations and objectives, allocation of resources, monitoring activities and providing feedback
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors' degree (Marketing, Economy, Biomedical sciences)
- Current and on-going commercial experience within pharmaceutical industry Oncology Area, eg solid tumors/haemato-oncology (minimum 3-5 recent years)
- Ability to lead complex commercial operations across several markets within CEE Area in a multinational corporate environment
- Strong, team-oriented leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence, lead, negotiate and work effectively at all levels within a matrix environment
- Ability to communicate with clarity, passion and impact
- Demonstrated track record of managing of senior stakeholders and capability of engaging them
- Ability to delegate responsibility and motivate a team, while at the same time maintain accountability to deliver upon commitments
- Energetic self-starter with a highly ethical work and business standards and sense of urgency
- Strong analytical skills and capabilities and advanced problem-solving skills
- Cultural awareness of working in a multi-country environment
- Remote communication and management skills through mobile platforms
- Ability and readiness to frequently travel, especially across CEE Region
- Advanced level of English , knowledge of any other CEE languages will be an advantage
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top