Capital Projects Manager
- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Feb 20 2020
Specific duties of the Capital Projects Manager include the following:
- Responsible for delivery of the site capital projects portfolio in accordance with GSK's policies and procedures.
- Provide management and tracking of the capital portfolio to insure business objectives are achieved.
- Manage individual capital projects in the various business areas (process, facilities, utilities, automation, infrastructure)
- Demonstrate good project management skills (schedule, cost, communications) and coordinate outside and internal resources to execute projects in a timely and cost effective manner
- Responsible for creating and maintaining facility master planning and support documents.
- Leads the effort to identify, prioritize, and recommend capital opportunities to site leadership.
- Support the Engineering Department as required where initiatives require capital for implementation.
- Ensure projects are completed in compliance with applicable standards, policies, and regulations (Global Engineering Standards, GSK policies, cGMP and other regulatory requirements).
- Provide guidance to project managers to promote consistency and alignment with capital policies/procedures.
- Communicate concerns and issues of staff, project status, performance and suggestions for improvement to Management
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 15+ years of relevant engineering experience, pharmaceutical/biotechnology preferred
- Experience working in a regulated GMP environment
- Experience managing large capital projects in the order of +$10M
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire technical groups
- Demonstrated ability to interact well with peers and across all levels of the organization.
- PMP certification or PE license desirable
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, MS Project (or similar).
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top