Capital Process Manager
- Stevenage, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - Hertfordshire - Ware, UK - London - Brentford, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - Pennsylvania - King of Prussia, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Oct 30 2020
Over the past 24 months GSK has significantly changed its business structure and deployed the 3+1 operating model. This coupled with the removal of Core Business Services, has triggered the need to redesign the Worldwide Real Estate & Facilities (WREF) structure to better serve the organisation. In February 2019, WREF commissioned KPMG to review the operational and organisational performance of the department. Insights were taken from interviews and market comparators including 23 internal and external individuals supported by secondary benchmarking. The findings from the KMPG review have been used to restructure the department enabling WREF to operate more efficiently and prepare for future changes to GSK PLC. This Job evaluation is to align the wider WREF departments to the new regional structure.
The purpose of the Capital Process Manager is to manage the deployment and governance of a globally standardized end-to-end capital planning program and project management methodology to ensure efficient, effective, safe and compliant delivery of the capital program globally. The process will apply to c. 90 WREF -managed sites and the non-WREF-managed sites where capital projects are delivered in alignment with Real Estate activity. This includes analysing and refining global capital program and project management processes, project and portfolio management reporting processes. The role will also engage with internal and 3rd party teams delivering capital project management services to ensure adherence to governance and risk management processes. The Capital Process Manager will assist the Capital Portfolio Lead and the Infrastructure LCAM lead in continually improving processes and standards to enable the regional development, delivery and governance of all capital projects and programs.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Analyze and assist in development and governance of standardized capital planning, project and program management strategy for WREF and WRE sites and projects.
- Manage development of benchmark standards for capital programs to include cost, schedule and resource guidance to apply to global capital projects.
- Support development of a supply chain strategy for capital planning and regional project management and delivery services to provide an efficient and scalable 3rd party framework.
- Monitor and investigate 3rd party supplier capital program contract service levels and escalate remediation activities as required.
- Maintain infrastructure and capital program dashboards and other reporting to communicate and support evaluation of infrastructure-related risks and associated capital programs and mitigation plans.
- Support management of IT systems and platforms supporting capital planning, reporting and project delivery management.
- Support supplier relationship management (SRM) processes for 3rd party providers delivering capital portfolio project management services.
- Coordinate Project Investment Proposal (PIP) approvals in the ePIP system to ensure an auditable approval flow exists for all approved projects.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's or First College Degree
- 1-3 years related capital program, real estate or facilities management experience.
- Basic understanding and experience with of capital program and project planning, controls and delivery
- Basic understanding and experience in capital project and portfolio management IT systems, processes, data requirements, and reporting platforms.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Registered Engineer/Chartered Engineer or PMP certification
- Able to work independently a non-structured environment with minimal direct supervision
- Must have good customer relations skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate on a consistent basis, a transparent and open communication style which generates trust and collaborative working.
- Working across a range of different cultures and across divisions with differing strategic priorities and varying needs.
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top